Chapter Fourteen: Someone You've Never Met

Почніть із самого початку

"There's nothing to fix," He answered, flicking a switch absently, "She's perished. The last TARDIS in the universe...extinct." I stepped up beside him as he placed a hand on the console, placing my own over it.

"You ok?" I asked, my voice low so only he could hear. He looked at me, not responding, but I could see the pain in his deep brown eyes. The final tie to his home world was gone...he was all that was left now. I nodded, running my hand up his arm and onto his shoulder.

 "We can get help." Rose suggested.

"Where from?" he questioned, looking up at her.

"Well, we've landed, we've got to be somewhere."

"We fell out of the vortex, through the void, into nothingness." He looked up at the console tube again. "We're in some sort of no place. The Silent Realm...The Lost Dimension."

"Otherwise known as London." Mickey said, smiling from the doorway of the TARDIS. He walked out of it and the three of us trailed after him, seeing that we were in fact, in the middle of London. "London, England, Earth. Hold on..." He jumped off of the raised patch of grass we were on, walking over to a bin and grabbing a discarded newspaper, "Its the 1st of February. This year. Not exactly far flung, is it?"

"So this is London?" The Doctor asked, adjusting his coat. I furrowed my eyebrows at the subtle skepticism in his voice. He silently answered my question by flicking his own gaze to the sky. I followed it, looking up above our heads and suddenly understanding it completely.

Rose ran over, looking over Mickey's shoulder at the paper while the Doctor and I slowly trailed behind.

"Your city?"

"That's the one." Mickey answered.

"Just as we left it?"

"Bang on."

"And that includes the Zeppelins?" Rose and Mickey looked up just as a giant, silver Zepplin flew over our head. I shook my head in disbelief.

"What the hell?" Mickey questioned. 

"Its beautiful." Rose said.

"At this point...can't even say I'm surprised." I added, pulling my jean jacket tighter around me.

"Ok, so its London with a big International Zeppelin Festival."

"This is not your world." The Doctor stated, beginning to walk away. I quickly fell into step beside him.

"But if the date's the same...its parallel, right?" Mickey theorized, "Am I right? Like a parallel Earth only they've got Zeppelins? Am I right? I'm right, aren't I?"

"Must be."

"But that...that's impossible," I said, glancing at the Doctor, "Isn't it? I mean, even if parallel worlds exist, we certainly shouldn't be able to pass between them, right?" He nodded.

"And yet..."

"A parallel world where..." Rose trailed off.

"Come on, you've seen it on films, like an alternative to our world where everything's the same but a little bit different, like...I don't know, traffic lights are blue, Tony Blair never got elected-"

"And he's still alive." We all followed her gaze to an ad situated just in front of us. It housed a balding ginger man, advertising a health drink called 'Vitex Lite'. I let my eyes roam the poster until they finally landed on the name 'Pete Tyler'. I glanced at Rose. "A parallel world where my dad's still alive."

"Don't look at it Rose, don't even think about it, this is not your world!" The Doctor warned as we all followed her over to it.

"He's my dad, and..." She touched the sign, causing it to move.