"Like I told ... you, I don't know"

"I see then"

He just calmly said, as him and Asher both stood up from the couch shifting his gaze towards the Duke.

"You don't mind me having this man, would you? Duke Crowell?"

"I- n-no ... I don't mind what you do to him, as long as I get the information of what he knows, then I'm fine with it"

"Then, we'll see you more often, for now, why not enjoy the party, the night is still young after all ... we'll be going then"

[Darvin, take that man and do whatever it takes to gather intels]

He whispered before they curtseyed and left the room.

Both walked in silence towards the main hall. Asher was having a stomach discomfort for drinking too much tea. Probably because of the fact that he was busy thinking over what Nate's reaction would be or maybe afraid of the fact that he'd still leave despite whatever reaction he receives. Or maybe just both.

"Ash ..."

He slightly jump at the sudden mention of his name. Asher gave Nate a questioned look expecting some reaction regarding his origin.

"I'm suddenly craving for sweets. Ice cream would be great"

His last sentence was his own inner thoughts. His words surprised Asher, not a reaction of what he expected.

"Hm? What kind of sweets?"

"Something, cold ... and sweet"

"Is there something like that? I'll be sure to let the pastry chefs handle that when we get back"

Slightly disappointed that he might've forgotten, his smile drooped a little bit but not noticeable. But with Nate's supernatural ability of noticing even the smallest tiny clue, did not escape his attention.

"Let's go here"

Suddenly pulling him towards the nearest balcony, surprised Asher. But what surprised him the most was both their hands interlocked together. The warmth from Nate's hands comforts him, giving him the ticklish feeling at the tip of his hands, not noticing how and when did they arrive at the place.

'His hands are a bit tiny compared to mine'

"Ash ..."

Nate's voice sounded like music to his ears, 'There's that ticklish feeling again' he silently thought as Nate reached out to his other hand, now facing each other while their hands interlocked together.

"Listen, I'm ... not very good at delivering reassuring words ... and it may come off as cringy and cheesy ... But no matter what form or shape you come off to, I'm sure I'll still be able to like you, and not to mention, your the only Asher I've known that I annoyingly actually like ... "

Nate awkwardly smiled, but it only came off as funny that Asher can't help but laugh ... "pfft" he desperately tried to hide it but Nate caught him making him pout of embarrassment.

"Did you just laugh?"

"Kkoff, n-no"

"You did"

"No I didn't, I swear"

"Yes. You. Did"

Asher burst out laughing unable to keep it in earning stomp on the feet from Nate. His blushing face was already out in the open, unable to keep in his embarrassment, he continously hit Asher on the shoulder but not enough force to make it hurt.

"Agghh! Stop laughing I swear!"

"Alright, alright I'll stop"

Not a minute has gone by and their surroundings have gone quite.

"Nate?"

Slightly still annoyed, he kept quite and heard Asher's voice as he felt a hand wrapped around his waist, and a warmth that enveloped him in a tight hug. Asher's strand of hair tickled at the the contact on his neck. Somehow, he felt his blood rush to his cheeks, feeling a little bit hot.

"Thanks"

'Though I didn't get what cringy and cheesy meant'

Asher thought as he whispered near his ears, while trying to separate himself from the hug, which Nate find it quite attractive...

'Hm? Hmmm??!!! Attractive?! Which part of that is attractive??!! Are you out of your mind??! Get a grip!'

"W-well, n-no problem"

Noticing how he avoids eye contact and his now blushing face of a mess, Asher couldn't help but tease. A smirk painted on his face.

"Hm? What's this? Are you currently self-aware of the current mood? Hm?"

"Sh-shut up, else I'll hit you again"

"Not to mention, you did say you like me, eh?"

"Hnng- please stop, just shut up"

[A/n:Just a reminder, this chapter doesn't contain nfsw, I'm watching ya'll]

"But I won't though?"

"Please ... ~~~"

"Hm? Please what?"

He seems to be enjoying teasing Nate...

"Please what again?"

Nate who couldn't take it anymore, sent a lightning shaped spear which shocked Asher, thinking he might've gotten the teasing a bit too far.

Nate left him at the balcony then and there.

A/n: Here's a lil bit of rough sketch on random scenes (rushed it a lil bit)

:ehem, also a bonus scene I randomly drew (I'm completely sober drawing this btw)

: Current ages is 24 and 25

[Its kinda bad since I made this one while at school]