Chapter 11

"Nathaniel Klein, I want you to overseer that your father would take the marquis position"

A moment of silence filled the room, Nate stared at the crown prince waiting for the him to say it was just one of his sick joke. Realizing that he was serious, he burst out into laughter revealing his dark and sinister facial expression.

'My sole purpose was to never let that old man take that position and yet, this guy wants him to take it?! Is he mocking me?'

"Whatever you don't like from your father, you've misjudged him, think this carefully Nathaniel Klein"

He sneered once again, not believing any of his words, I mean, after he had witnessed and experience his darkest nature for over 18 years, he doesn't have any ounce of trust nor respect for him. He sat himself properly glaring at the crown prince, if the knights had seen how dark his face is right now, they'd think he was trying to threaten the future king of this kingdom.

"Tell me why you think so"

Nate wore his serious face, surely, there is a reason why he suggested that kind of thing. It took William about a minute before deciding to tell him a secret he never told anyone, not even to his closest attendant, he somehow knows that this boy would be trusted.

"I keep having these dreams about myself ending the Stephenville bloodline, to which I have regretted entirely and resulting to the kingdom's impending doom"

Nate's heart sunk at the words he just heard, he probably have guessed that someone other than him would have the recollection of the past, but he didn't expect that, that someone would be the crown prince, the person who had caused him and his entire bloodline to end.

'But how come he regretted his actions? How come he screwed up? Wasn't that the best choice? For I myself thought that would be the best for the sake of the kingdom.It seems that I have more things to handle this time.'

"You don't seem surprise at all, you don't think it's stupid?"

"Why would I? There's no reason for you to joke at this kind of situation, do you? Ah, what was the sole reason why you executed my whole family then?"

"Heh, anyways, before I answer that, are you aware of the spell mind manipulation?"

"Huh? What's that have to do with-"

Without having to finish his question, he seemed to have his answer on his own, basing only at the conversation itself.

'Why have I not considered this before? His constant contact within the black market made him a target, but how'd he got hook up with them anyway?"

"Ah, but the only ones capable of performing dark magic are the demon clan, and considering they don't like to associate with humans, it's impossible for them to be the culprit"

"You have a point, but it will be possible to someone who has the blood of a demon"

'Agh! I'm getting tired at this mind games, my brain can't comprehend with this information getting shoved up my brain!"

"We can continue this conversation next time, you'll be staying here for three days anyway. Be sure to think carefully about my offer"

Nate just left the crown prince by himself without even bothering to say goodbye, who's currently sipping his tea looking satisfied. Nate approached his brother receiving a front view of a sparring between knights.

"I'm going out for a bit, just ask any palace maids to show you our rooms when you get bored"

"Huh? Ah sure, but don't stay out too late"