C H A P T E R 10: The Ideal Home Was A Lie

[DISCLAIMER: Semi-ship thing is gonna happen. The ship is cursed and very wrong which is why I'm putting this disclaimer here, so people don't attack me. It also references some things that happened in WW2 that people are apparently still talking abt today :')

If you know, then you know.

+ More fighting, arguing, suicide mention and swearing

My brain is rotting and I am tired. Expect even more terrible writing. Also title is a Portal reference- Hope you enjoy this chapter lol]

Again, it was the end of the day. Today may not have been the best, but it could be worse. The beaten-up kid duo are back again at their usual bench. Usually they would banter for as long as their grandparents haven't arrived, but today, not a peep from either one. The campus was loud as per usual, but it was deafening silence between these two. Khloen is not even looking at Bayani. He's staring into the distance. Whether he's thinking about something or his mind has just left Earth's atmosphere is a mystery, but the point still stands that Khloen looks rather unresponsive.

Bayani took in a deep breath. "Hey," He called out. Khloen turned a little. "Ja?"

"...How's your eyes?"

Khloen shrugs. "Could be better."

Bayani only nodded and awkwardly averted his gaze away. He's attempted this earlier. But to no avail either. It was just another one question = one answer situation. And as of now, he has ran out of things to ask. The two continued to wait. And after what felt like another hour has passed, heavy footsteps could be heard approaching. Bayani turned to the approaching figure. His eyes widened as he nudged Khloen. "Hey, it's your grandpa." He tells him. 

"W-Was?! " The boy flinches. Third Reich's shadow looms over the two. "...Was zum Teufel ?" He utters as he glares down at the two - scrutinizing the scraps, cuts, and bandages on their tattered bodies. "G-Großvater, ich-" Khloen was about to speak up, but Third Reich have already cut him off as he throws daggers to Bayani. "You. What did you do to my grandson?"

"I-I didn't do anything, sir. Honest!" Bayani stuttered as he was beginning to feel just as scared as Khloen. He may not be trembling because of this man's historical background, but his presence is enough to instil fear into people. It was just like Soviet all over again. "We, uh, got into a bit of a fight with an older kid, y'see..." He tried to explain but he just wanted to cry. 

Though before Third Reich could do anything more, tire screeches caught all of their attention. Ah yes, well if it isn't the dysfunctional couple who always forget that they have a child to take care of. Seriously guys, Bayani has been with you for almost a year now. Why do you keep forgetting about your grandson.

"Hala... Patay na ako. " Bayani muttered under his breath. Soviet and Britain scramble out of the car. They could've sworn that Britain almost tripped cos he bumped into the bonnet of the car. And as per usual, they look like they've gone through a zombie apocalypse

Ah, yes. Glaring contest. You know, if the three adults glare much more, they'd end up accidentally imitating China. Third Reich broke the glares first. He pointed to Khloen. "What the hell did your hell spawn do to mine?!"

The couple's eyes turn down to the trembling children seated on their usual bench. Soviet went to tend to Bayani, pretending to look concerned but in reality is actually excited to hear how the fight went, in true Soviet fashion. Meanwhile Britain went ahead and stormed over to Third Reich. "More like what the bloody hell did your dirty bloke do to ours?!" 

Hündin, bitte." Third Reich teasingly smirks. "You act like you've forgotten that you were just as dirty. Forgotten our history together already, herzog seelöwe?" He tells him as he takes a hold of Britain's chin and pulls him somewhat close.

Britain oddly became flustered. Third Reich could've sworn that he ended up getting Britain to lightly blush on that. The dapper gentleman pushes him away and crosses his arms, "Shut up! This isn't about us! This is about the children!" 

Suddenly, before Third Reich could utter another reply, Soviet landed a hard punch onto the latter. Britain stepped out of the way, somewhat stupefied. Third Reich had a bad landing on the asphalt road. " Was zum Teufel ?!" He yells out, keeping himself from cursing in front of the children. "If it weren't for your brat, Bayani wouldn't have been dragged into this mess!" Soviet yells. It seems that he's thrilled that Bayani survived his first fight, but is less than thrilled to find out the reason why.

Bayani tried to stop Soviet from attacking further, meanwhile Khloen tried to run to his grandpa and see how he is. Bayani sobbed as he attempted so hard to pull Soviet back while Third Reich panted as he pat Khloen's head, telling him that he's alright. Meanwhile, Britain was quite paralyzed in the spur of the moment.

                                                                         . . .

Anyhow, this is the aftermath of the argument... The three are driving home, and tense silence loomed in the air. Bayani was sitting in the back, curled up into a ball, hugging his legs. He just wanted for the Earth to eat him right now. It only became worse when Soviet spoke up. "What did Reich mean by 'OUR history t o g e t h e r' ...?" He asked. Chills rushed down Bayani's spine, which only worsened when he ended up seeing Soviet's eyes on the rear view mirror. He had a dark glare down to Britain. It was almost like he was going to lose it.   

Britain was silent. Only looking out the window, looking like he had not a single care in the world. Soviet grumbled, knowing well that Britain heard him and was only playing deaf. "WHAT DID REICH MEAN BY 'OUR HISTORY TOGETHER' ??!! "

Britain grumbled as he yelled back, "IT MEANS NOTHING, OKAY?! REICH IS A FUCKING BITCH. HE SAYS WEIRD AND SHITTY THINGS. "

" WELL, IT DIDN'T SEEM SOMETHING SHITTY. YOU FELT SOMETHING, DIDN'T YOU?? YOU FELT SOMETHING WHEN HE MENTIONED 'YOUR SHARED HISTORY TOGETHER'. WHAT ARE YOU NOT TELLING ME??! "

" NOTHING. THERE IS NOTHING. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP!! "

" I'LL SHUT THE FUCK UP WHEN I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER!! "

" UGH, WHAT IS WITH YOU COMMUNISTS WANTING EVERYTHING TO BE SHARED LIKE IT'S GONNA BE THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD??! CAN'T I KEEP THINGS TO MYSELF?? "

" I'M YOUR HUSBAND. I DESERVE TO KNOW SHIT, ESPECIALLY IF IT'S SHIT CONCERNING THAT NAZIST SON OF A FUCKING BITCH!   COMMUNISM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!!! "

Bayani witnessed the two shout their throats out at each other in the car. They almost crashed a few times. He hated their yelling. He hated it so much. It was so painful and ear-piercing. It reminded him of when his parents had a divorce. Exactly like when they had a divorce... He didn't know what else to do but instead, cried. Cried more than he would ever cry. He wrapped his scarf around his mouth to muffle his sobbing for he didn't want to become more of a burden than he already was. He lowered his head and tried to keep himself from listening any more of their arguing and cursing.

He felt like he just wanted to roll down the window, jump out of the car, and kill himself.