Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I lift my other paw, and intend to do exactly the same as I had just done.

"POPPY!!"

My whole world comes crashing down.

Who dares interrupt me in my moment of anger. The protests from the pack members stopped and everyone froze. Including me.

"Lower your fucking paw now!" My mate demands.
I do as he says, but ever so slowly this time. When my paw touches the ground, sighs of relief could be heard.

"Both of you. Shift. Now." Zack demands in his alpha tone.

He should know better! I'm obviously not going to shift now.

"Alpha, Tyler can't shift! She's too badly hurt. It's dangerous!" That blonde bimbo speaks again.
I growl at her, which makes her hide behind another pack member.

"I don't give a fuck, Rachel! I ordered them to shift! So they fucking shift!" Zack roars.

I stand tall on my legs and make myself bigger than I already am.
I hear Tyler shift beside me, and I don't bother to look. My attention is just focused on Zack. He and I refuse to look away. Not letting the other one win.

'Shift.' He mind-links me.

'No.' I say calmly.

"Poppy, I said fucking shift!" He shouts.

I snort when he walks right up to my face. My face comes up to just above his shoulder, and that's tall for a wolf.
He growls in my face, and I growl back, matching him.

I spin on my heels and walk into the woods, which were starting to go dark. I'm glad nobody joins or comes after me. All I knew was that if anybody did, I wouldn't be held responsible for my actions.

I ran like my life depended on it, weaving in and out of the trees.

Who does he think he is?!
Bossing me around like he owned me!

'Well he is our mate Poppy.' Roxy reasons.

Betrayer! Traitor!

'That's irrelevant! He tried to control me! Treat me like an object!' I scream through the mind link.

'Are we talking about Zack or Damon here?' She jokes.

Now was no time for joking. It just angered me more. The thought of that bastard. How could he just stand there and lie to everyone all those years.

I bark into the air, just because.

I've ran that far that I've come across my usual surroundings. A place I go to think happy and forget about everything.

I howl into the sky, trying to release all the pain and anger.
I drop to the ground the same moment I shift. My adrenaline rush wears thin, and the pain is becoming to much to handle. Blood oozes out of my legs and the crook of my neck, and I can't do anything to stop it. I don't even think I have the energy to get back.

I hear rustling beside me, and injuries forgotten, I jump up into the defensive stance.

"Who's out there?!" I call.

No response.

"Speak goddammit!" I shout.

"P-poppy?" A small female voice stutters.