Chapter 12

Chapter 12

After a little 'me time' in the bathroom, I go back outside in search of Peter and Daisy.
I find Peter where we first were, on the play mat, and I see Daisy not far off, talking with a group of people.

"Hey !" I greet cheerfully, putting a face on for him.

His little face scrunches up in my direction. When he realises its me, his face lights up. "Hi !" He says, carrying on playing.
"You took ageeeees!" Peter stretches out, and I try not to look guilty.
"Yeah, sorry. " I apologise. "L-lost track of time."

"It's okay. Can we play lego now?" He asks. And it's as if he knows exactly what he's going, he uses that sweet and innocent tone that gets him everything.

"Yeah sure. Shall we build the fire station together?" I ask, and get a very loud, and very enthusiastic, yes.

I giggle to myself and start getting out all the important pieces.

"Do you build lego often?" I ask him.

"Not really. Uncle Zackie builds it with me, but he uses this sticky stuff to put in between blocks. I don't like it." Peter demonstrates with his hands, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Glue?" I suggest.

"Yeah! That's it ! Glue..." He tests out the word.

"Right, do you want to read out the instructions for us?"

"Tha-" Peter is interrupted

"I'll help." Zack interrupts him, walking over to us, dressed in the same shorts as earlier and a black tank top instead. But didn't really make a difference, as his top still looked like it was going to burst. But this time, his hair was still wet from the shower, and it made him look even yummier...

"Poppy?" Zack swipes his hand in front of my face. "You there?" He jokes.

I shake my thoughts, "yeah, sorry. You were saying?"

"I said 'do you mind if I join?'. "

'Let him! Let him be close!' Roxy pleads to me.
'Why? What if I don't want him to.'

'What?! Are you kidding me?!' She screams at me. 'You've got to be shitting me! You don't want your own mate near you?'

'I didn't say that.' I correct, 'I just said that maybe I didn't want him to. Is that so bad?'

'YES?!' She screams at me, frustrated. 'It is that bad! Let him play or so be it, I'll snap!' Roxy demands.

Damnnnn.
Sassy much? Jesus Christ.

'Okay okay! Calm your tits...' I response, amused.

'My tits are calm.' She replies, then blocks our connection. Fine bitch..

"Well, it's not really up to m-" I start.

"Yes!!" Peter screams, jumping up and hugging Zacks waist.

"Okay little buddy." Zack stares at Peter, and gives him a genuine smile. "let me just go grab the glue." He says, removing Peter from him and slowly walking back.