Chapter 28

Chapter 28

As soon as in downstairs, being as quiet as I could, I collapse on the lush sofa, letting it engulf me in its fluffiness.

I sigh to myself, just laying in the darkness. Fuck you Moon Goddess! Why would you pair me with someone way different?!

Opposites attract, my child. A sweet and angelic voice calls to me.

I shoot up in shock. what the fuck?!

H-hello?

Hello, dear. don't be frightened, it's me, The Moon Goddess.

My lord! W-why are you talking to me? Aren't you like royalty?

Because you called upon me. I do not ignore those who need me. Now, you were saying?

I'm sat there, speechless. Nobody I know has ever heard or seen the Moon Goddess.

You're in shock. The Moon Goddess says, a smile in her voice.

Just a little. Why can't I see you?

You can see me if you wish. You can see anything if you put your mind to it. Now close your eyes.

I do as she says, and try to calm my shaky breathing.

"Now open..."

I slowly open my eyes, and gasp at the sight before me.
"You're The Moon Goddess." I whisper, more to myself than to her. I can't help but stare in awe at her.

"Yes, it is I" the angel speaks, smiling softly at me.
The moon shining through the window at the other end of the room puts a spot light on the Goddess. Her hair shimmers in the light, making her soft and fragile skin look pale.
She looked like a... well, a Goddess.

"What did you need help with, my child?"

"It's Zack." I sigh, my exhaustion obviously showing on my face, "we're fighting. I know, I know, it's just relationship problems. but it's not that! It's bigger than that! We can't even have a civilised conversation without fighting or arguing. It's exhausting!" I explain.

"I know, love. I understand you. But, look at it from his point of view." She reasons with me.

"If only I could! I can't get through to him."

"Oh honey. If only you knew..."

"'If only I knew' what?" I ask, confused as to what she's just said.

"His past, honey. There's a reason he comes across as cold and cruel at times."

"But he won't tell me! He's got his walls up. What do I do, Moon Goddess?" I beg, helpless.

She sighs, but even that comes across as delicate. She could turn a negative action sign into a positive one. "I really shouldn't do this..." she says to herself more than me.