Leaders Lead

"I'm supposed to speak to Luke's class about fire safety" i hear Hermann say to Otis as i walk to get my coffee. "So i'm gonna rig one side of the house with flammable materials and the other side with flame resistance materials" I watch as Peter walks in and listens to what Herman says so i walk over to stand between him and Otis "to demonstrate the difference. Kids are gonna love it" 

"Oh. What could possibly go wrong" Otis says sarcastically causing me to chuckle 

"Guys. Guys. I have an announcement to make. Please i need everyone's attention" Cruz says as he walks in "i came across something so upsetting that it literally shook me to my core" 

"Was it a spider?" I say getting the heebie jeebies.

"No." Cruz says giving me a concerned look causing everyone else in the room to chuckle "I was in the laundry room. I was putting my stuff from the washer to the dryer and i discovers these left inside" He holds up a pair of red underwear causing all the boys to groan 

"Don't look at me i've been a fruit of the loom guys since 1975" Hermann says. Cruz turns towards Otis who shakes his head refusing to look at them. 

"20 bucks to whoever finds the owner" Mouch calls out as he holds the bill up.

Casey gets up and grabs them causing all of us to react in shock. "First, they ain't mine second, these don't come down util the owner steps forward" He attaches them to the bulletin board

"That's a cruel thing to do Lieutenant" I say as i walks past him and towards my bunk to enjoy my coffee in peace.

+

I look over when i hear Kelly slam his quarters door closed after he enters it, so i walk over and knock on the door. He looks at me and lets me in.

"Are you okay?" I ask him as i sit on his bed.

"The chief is threatening to take away squad if i contact Tara again" He says as he continues to pace back and forth. 

"Again?" I question causing him to stop and turn to me.

"I went to see her again today" He says in a calmer voice. 

I quickly stand from the bed and take a step closer to him "Are you kidding? Kelly how dumb can you be. You would have incriminated yourself more"

"I'm not guilty" He says stepping closer getting angry

"I know that. But it's he said she said right now and you are making it seem like what she said is true"

"I didn't do it" He says again

I take a deep breath "Kelly. You didn't do it. But she is trying everything she can to make you seem guilty" 

"So i should what? Sit back and let her?"

"No. But you have a whole team on your side. Let us help you"

"I can't go down for this"

"You won't. Just, call me before you do something stupid again"

"Why? So you can tell me not to do it?"

"That. Or so that i can help" I say causing him to look at me a little shocked before he smile at me. I then notice how close we have gotten and our faces are only centimetres apart. Suddenly the alarm goes off for ambo and i take a step back. "I should, uh, go" i say as i quickly walk out not waiting for a reply. 

+

I hear a knock on my apartment door and walk towards it. I open to see Kelly leaning against the doorway. "If you're interrupting my Derek Morgan time you better have a good reason" i say as i turn and walk back towards the couch