Retaliation hits

"So Kelly's being accused of sexual assault?" I ask Shay as i return for my first shift back since the wedding. 

"Yeah, but obviously it's not true" She replies before she gets called away.

+

"Okay, everybody listen up" Boden says as he puts up a flyer. "In light of recent events, recent allegations rather, personeel has flagged this house for sexual harassment sensitivity training."

Just as he says that Kelly walks into the firehouse and goes towards his office without saying anything or looking at anyone. Boden goes after him.

"Alright, what the hell? This house needs it. All right listen up everybody, happy hour prices all night long, when Molly's opens." This causes everyone but Otis to cheer. 

+

While we're on a call Kelly notices me and ignores me. I smiled at him and he looked away and every time we made eye contact, he looked away. So now i'm sitting here with a cup of coffee confused and a little annoyed.

+

We're now in sensitivity training and watch as Gabby and Matt are being the stand ins. I'm sitting next to Hermann and behind Kelly. 

"You look very nice today" Matt says awkwardly

"Thank you" Gabby replies awkwardly

"A bunch of us are gonna get some beers after work, care to join?"

"Sure, yeah, that sounds fun" 

"Keep going or," Matt asks the trainer

"Yeah" He replies

"Oh, look he just groped her, did anyone see that?" Leslie says interrupting whatever is going on.

"Shay" Boden says as a warning

"I'm just saying, that's all it takes right" She says before Matt and Gabby continue

"Have you been going to the gym?"

"Um, yeah, you know, here and there, not as much as i'd like"

"This is so painfully awkward" I mumble to Hermann and get a nod in response

"Because, your physic looks really good" 

"Well thank you, that's really nice of you" 

"No, freeze it, freeze it. What did we walk about behavioural modifiers?" 

Severide gets a text and leaves causing the meeting to go on break. 

"Thank god, i need a coffee" i say causing Cruz to nod.

+

"So you're rich now?" Alex says to me over the phone

"Only a little bit" I say causing him to chuckle "It's weird, you know. I thought that i would be okay now after everything but having all this money, it didn't fix anything"

"You aren't thinking of it the right way, Aves. Mark is gone and i know it sucks but at least this way you have yourself and your future set up"

"I guess." i sigh "It still hurts"

"Well if it helps, this place is self destructing. It's not looking good."

"Shit, i'm sorry"

"It's fine, not like it's going well for you since your boyfriend hates you"

"Shut up, he's going through somethings, he needs to do it alone i guess"

"Just tell him you're 15 million dollars richer and he'll come crawling back"