Return 2 Action? (Black Widow 2023)

Start from the beginning

"So much like his father." Wanda can't get over the fact how much Atlas reminds her of her best friend. She never got to meet Y/N as a small child, but she can't help but imagine he acted this way at Atlas age.

She puts the junk food on the foot of the bed as she goes and tucks the boy in, sliding the covers all the way up to his neck as she sits on the edge of the mattress. Wanda gently rubs her hand on the side of his face with a small smile, noticing just how troubled Y/N's son is.

"Is Dad gonna be okay?" Atlas asks her innocently. "He didn't say goodnight to us. He usually does with me and Irina."

Wanda also noticed that. Y/N didn't even come out the hallway after his little spat with the Merc...just went into his room and shut everyone out. But whatever it was, it wouldn't keep him down forever. Not Y/N.

"Of course he will." Wanda answers as she carcasses the boy's cheek with her finger. "Your father is a strong man. The strongest one I know. He can get through anything."

Atlas enthusiastically nods his head. "He's the strongest Avenger. Even with a bad arm."

Wanda can see that Atlas truly believes that, and she won't ever disagree with that. "When is mom coming home? I miss her too. She's gone a lot."

Wanda gets a bit of a sad look on her face as that was a question she couldn't truly answer. "I...I don't have the slightest clue yet, Atlas."

Seeing that he sighs in dejection, she tries to fix it. "But she should be back soon. That I can promise. Your mothers strong. And before you know it, she'll be the one tucking you in again."

"Okay." He finally gives in and turns on his side, signaling to Wanda that he's "tired."

Maximoff gives his head a soft pat before standing up and grabbing Atlas snacks from the end of the bed. As she goes to turn off the lights, Atlas remembers what he saw in her head a while back.

"Wanda?"

She turns to look at him. "Yeah?"

Atlas goes to speak, but nothing comes out, nothing he is ready to say out loud atleast. Wanda waits for him to tell her what he wants, but all there is is an uncomfortable silence and wavering eye contact between the two.

Atlas finally breaks the silence. "Never mind. Goodnight."

Wanda gently smiles in his direction as she flicks the light switch down. "Goodnight."

___________

Atlas waits a couple minutes after Wanda shuts the door before throwing the covers off his body. But instead of getting up to get his phone or turn on the television, he lifts up his shirt and puts his hand on his slightly round stomach and applies a certain amount of pressure and energy.

His eyes immediately go from green to pure white as he collapses back onto the bed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Atlas knows he shouldn't be using his chakra, or how he likes to call it "super duper powers", like his mom and dad tell him not to, but sometimes he can't resists and finds his astral form not inside his head or anything, but the space between time and realities.

It's a vast space, much too big for a five year old to comprehend, but after a few visits, Atlas got used to it. And if it weren't for the help of the Old Man , Atlas would have never gotten around to figuring out his powers.