Chapter 2 - Ice Cream

Start from the beginning

I think thirty minutes has passed after I rested my ass on the chair when the screen door swung open. A girl came out. I didn't recognized her at first but from the skipped of my heart I knew it was her. She's freshly bathed, wearing a black shorts, a white blouse and a pair of flats with a small beige sling bag, and a purple sunglasses.

The owner went to her. "Where are you going, Leo?" so her name is Leo. What a unique name for a unique girl. And sexy too, a part of me said. Yeah, her name is sexy just like her.

"Britney wants me to go with her to buy some stuff, dad." she said. So her dad is the owner of the shop.

"Really?" her father asked like he's not buying what she said.

"Really. I won't be out long. I promise to come home early and I promise to stay in the city." she said with a chuckle.

"Fine. Do you have money?"

She smiled playfully. "No." and she giggled.

Her father reach inside her pocket and pull a couple of cash and handed it to her. She took it, kissing her father on the cheeks after. Then she took off. She rode a cab. When I saw her went inside, I immediately stood up and came to the owner. "Sir, I remembered I do need to go somewhere right now." I gave him my car keys and walked to get myself a cab. I remembered the number of the cab she rode so I instructed the cab driver to follow it the moment I spotted it. Her cab stopped at the mall. After paying the cab driver, I followed Leo inside the mall. She went to the bookstore, when she enter, I saw her walking towards a blonde girl. The blonde girl saw her, they both smiled and hugged each other. I hid in one of the book shelves.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" I hear Leo asked.

"Let's go buy some clothes and then ice cream and hotdogs and then ice cream. Did I say ice cream?" they both laugh.

I saw them went out of the bookstore and I follow them. They went to a boutique and I noticed that Leo wasn't buying anything. She's just looking through the clothes, pulling out some that she maybe like. Only her friend was the one buying. After her friend paid the clothes she liked, they went out and walked to the ice cream shop. The shop was full of people and I got bumped into some of them. Making me lose sight of where Leo now. I scan the whole place but I couldn't find her. No matter where I look, I still couldn't find her. So I went out into a less crowded place.

I was waiting to spot them when a kid stand next to me holding a balloon. He looked at me and I looked at him. We were just staring at each other when he loose his grip on his balloon and it went flying. He cried and run but I managed to catch it before it was out of my reach. I followed the kid to give his balloon back. But I bumped into someone that really made her fall, good thing I caught her waist before she hit the ground.

When I saw who I am now holding in my arms, my heart immediately summersaulted. Like there were horses in my chest cause of the strong beating of my heart and there were rats inside my stomach. Her face was really close to mine, her eyes were so wide again and I get to have another clear view on them. I got tempted to kiss her the moment I saw her lips up close. Her hands were on my chest. I could even smell her sweet candy smell. I didn't notice that I'm not holding anything now but her.

I heard someone clearing her throat to get our attention. As much as I wanted Leo in my arms for a little more time, I don't want her to get the wrong impression of me. She already saw me in an awkward situation earlier. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." it took me all the strength I have to say that without stammering and let go of her.

She shook her head. "No, it was my fault too. Sorry." and she smiled at me.

I felt a cold and sticky feeling on my stomach. I looked at it and saw that she spilled her ice cream to me. Guess she saw it too cause she pulled her handkerchief out and started wiping the ice cream off while she kept on saying she's sorry. And I noticed her blouse was spilled with ice cream too. "How about I'll buy you some clothes to make up my clumsiness." I told her and smiled.