The ball -ish-(part 3)

Vi's POV:

Me and Caitlyn danced.
We danced
Together
And I was holding her waist
And she was holding my shoulders
It felt...
Exhilarating.

When the people eventually stopped dancing, so did we. We had a few tables that we didn't yet try the food (I did not shut up about it I still don't. The food is so different than anything I'd ever tasted before- it felt like the whole damn world was exploding onto my tongue) , so we did that.
While we were at the last table (which somehow we missed- it was right next to the door that connected to the hallway) I took a glance in the hallway.

"Wait- Cait- (I started to use that nickname a lot more. She seems to positively melt every time I say it. It makes me happy) what's that?"
I said with a mouth half full of food , pointing at a dark brown door that I hadn't realized existed until just now.
She sends me a small glare to make me close my mouth.
Ha. Should've counted the times she told me to not eat with my mouth open
When she turns to look at what I was pointing at, her eyes light up.

"Yes! Ok. yes. Vi, this way "

She said, waving me over. We exited the ballroom, and she opened the door.
Half of me was expecting a maintenance closet or something...
but it turns out to be stairs that go upwards in circles.

She starts climbing the stairs, and I follow behind her.

Oooooo
Jan 28 2022
12am :)
262 words