||Reoite Aurae||

With a flick of a wrist, the sword materialized in front of the boy's right hand. The first thing I noticed about the sword is that it was one-handed, the scabbard had a deep blue color to it and had a lining of rose gold in the middle where the blade ran down.

He rested the sword on both of his hands and bowed before me.

"You've grown to be quite amusing to watch, boy." His etiquette was quite expected but pleasing to see.

The design was something else, the handle itself being decorated in a crisscross pattern with white diamond shapes where the material used for the grip intersected.

The pommel was intricately designed and had a small ruby embed; the cross guard's edges were slightly bent upwards.

I pulled the sword out and a satisfying ring resonated between my ears, the faint vibrations I felt in my arms sent a chill up my spine. The blade itself was stylish and had some engravings on it, something akin to runes. The color of the blade was greyish I would say, and only the edges were given the sharpness it needed, emphasizing and exposing the lustrous polish and sharpness it proudly reveals.

"Impressive, it's light and perfectly balanced." I swung the sword a couple of times to get the feel of it, I thrust, I slashed - right, left, and vertically.

"How about a test of its endurance?" I inquired.

"I would need the sword back, milord." Grey requested politely.

I placed the sword back on its scabbard, the guard clasped as it hit the wooden frame.

"Thank you, milord-"

"No need to bow, Grey," I interjected. He responded with a tight, yet genuine, smile.

"For this, I would need his lordship to create a solid pillar, the strongest and thickest one can produce." He requested.

I complied and a column made of ice shot up from the ground in the yard. I made sure to fortify it, making the ice deep blue in color and opaque. I didn't need to thicken it, as half a meter in width would suffice.

"Thank you, milord." The young man said before turning towards the column of ice.

As he came near the pillar drew the sword which was buckled from the left. He tilted to the backside of his right and lowered his stance.

A metallic hum chimed as he struck the pillar of ice, Grey stood still and looked at us, his figure paused in the form from when he struck the column.

It was very subtle, but I could see a barely visible scratch.

I was taken back and my eyes widened a bit contrasting the stern gaze I retained. There were only a handful of weapons that could damage such a construct, most shattered entirely like glass despite being reinforced with mana.

Grey presented the sword's blade, it was entirely free from any major deformation or damage. There was only a very tiny dent on the edge that made contact with the post.

"I'm impressed, there are only a handful of weapons that can withstand the ice constructs I make," I remarked.

"You are too kind, milord." His tone is sheepish, "And as for the sword, this is made with the same type of steel we use in every piece of equipment that requires metal."

"If it is the case, I would want a demonstration with the armor and the other weapons if possible." So far I'm convinced, but I would need to see more.

"It shall be arranged, milord." He responded.