part 18 ;)

Over 650 reads, I'm so happy! Thank you all for reading my story!

Disclaimer : I don't own the avengers, but I do own alayna.

Alayna's P.O.V

" I might die ", I say with a strong voice but my eyes betrayed me. Everyone's reaction was about the same except for Loki, he stood up abruptly and walked out of the room.

" YOU MIGHT DIE! " Tony yelled as he slammed his hand against the table.

" you sure, alayna? " Steve asked quietly.

" Alayna, you are not lying ", Clint said as he inspected me with his eyes.

" No, I am not, I believe Bruce can verify my words ", I said looking at Bruce. Bruce glanced at me with sad eyes, he nods solemnly.

" The energy level of the Tesseract spiked considerably during the time when Alayna touched it ", he breathes out staring at the ground.

" Alayna, you know what that must mean right? ", Natasha says as she looks into my eyes.

" yes, and I will do whatever it takes to repair the bridge between worlds", I reply with a strong voice.

Tony looked so defeated, " alayna, you just got here, pepper hasn't met you yet ", he said as he stands up.

" I know Tony, I hope to meet her soon too but I feel as if I have to do this ", I said . Steve looks at me sadly but Thor looked the most sadden as if he knew what my death would do to Loki. Loki, what I would I do about Loki.

Fury looks up at me, his eyes even reflected sadness. " Alayna, what would do you plan on doing ", he said as he also stood. " I plan on doing what's right ", I replied. " Lady Alayna, do you plan on going to Asgard? " Thor asked as Jane stood behind him. I nod while looking at Bruce who stayed silent. " I have to be there to repair the bifrost " I said as I walked over to Bruce.

Thor nods as he walks to leave, Jane follows but before they leave the room, she gives me a sad look. Clint, Natasha and Fury give me the spy look. " alayna, you promised me a fight " Natasha says. " actually, I planned to fight you today. meet me in the training room at five " I said smirking. " got it, meet you there " she said smiling as she left. Clint smirks but says " I'm videotapeing " as he leaves the room also. I laugh at Clint knowing that he would do that. Steve walks up to me and shakes my hand tight before pulling me into a hug. " Steve, you're swishing me " I gasped out. " oops, sorry alayna " he says in a shy voice.

" its okay Steve, I know you'll miss me, I mean who wouldn't " I said in a sarcastic voice. " very true " Steve agreed as he laughed. Steve smiles again before leaving. Tony looks at me, he smirks. " ugh, what Tony, what is with that face? ", I groaned.

Bruce smirks while Tony laughs,

" what you don't trust me? ", he breathes in laughter. " No ", I replied simply before smirking at him.

" you wound me, alayna ", Tony gasped as he clutched his Ark reactor. " Good ", I spoke with a condescending voice.

" that hurts! ", Tony exclaims before leaving. " it should " I called out after him. Bruce is just smiling while chuckling, I did that all to make Bruce smile. I knew he felt guilty for what was happening but he shouldn't. It wasn't his fault, it was mine and mine alone. I walked over to Bruce and as he met my eyes, his eyes flashed sadness once again.

" Bruce, its not your fault ", I whispered as I touched his shoulder. He looks up at me and shook his head " I should have protected you, I shouldn't have known ", he said as his head faces the opposite direction.