Round 3 - Task

Hello again students. So that was a long train ride...

Anyway, with your new found friends you step off the train and follow a giant man across a huge lake in boats. Once you land on the other side, the giant, whose name you learn is Hagrid, leads you towards the front steps of a mighty castle. Hogwarts. Once inside he leaves you in the safe hands of a tall, stern woman with gray hair which is drawn into a tight bun. She takes you into a small side chamber. You can hear the echo of chatter coming from the next room.

'I will come and fetch you when it's time for the sorting,' she tells you before disappearing through a door you hadn't seen before. Now you are alone with the rest of the first years.

Your task is to write about what happens during the time when Mcgonagall is gone. Are you scared? What do you do? Do you speak to anyone?  After a few minutes she will come back and take you into the Great Hall. How do you feel? Does all go smoothly? You line up and she calls your name. What happens when the sorting hat is placed upon your head?

Rules - you must include the time spent waiting in the side chamber and the sorting in your entry. If you want you can write about the feast and your walk to the common room but this is optional.

Your entries are due by the 23rd of February. Have fun writing my students! :D