Chapter 7

“F-f-falcon w-what's h-he d-doing h-here?” he poked Falcon's chest and looked over at him.

He is tall, easily towering over Tycen's 167.64(5ft 6in) height and not-so-muscular frame. His body fit and firm. Noticable abs and biceps. A prepossessing guy he is.

Falcon cocked his head to the right, “He's the Captain of the swim team. Sapphire Sea Wolves. Didn't you know that?”

Tycen looked him up and down before punching his arm. Well, it did not do anything...but still.

“Are. You. Kidding. Me? Why didn't you tell me this guy was here? And you have the audacity to nonchalantly speak to me Falcon!” he said through gritted teeth and clenched jaws.

Staring at him for a while, Falcon chuckled. “Okay, I should've told you and I'm sorry I didn't. I am sorry please don't be mad at me.”

He leaned over to Tycen with pouted lips, Tycen leaned back at the close proximity. “It's...okay. I just, I'm just—” Falcon cut him off before he could finish.

“Calm down. He can't hurt you while I'm here. I'll protect ya.” Slinging his arm around Tycen's shoulders he smiled radiantly.

“H-hehehehehehe. Y-yeah, great.” Gulping he averted his gaze, briefly looking behind him to meet Romayne's eyes still threatening to cut through his body and soul. ‘God help me...’

Simultaneously, Vanessa has just arrived in the Culinary club. She meets students sitting on stools while socializing, her stomach churns at the sight.

Being friendly, isn't in her category.

“Hey there stranger.” Her head spun and she came face-to-face with Nikolai and his sapphire blue eyes. A smile plays on his lips as he raised his hand to wave at her. “Didn't know you were also interested in foods.”

“Didn't know you were either. What's your name again?” Turning fully and sliding her hands into the pockets of her jacket she inquired.

“Nikolai, and I know you're Vanessa. Nice to have you here. Welcome to the club.” He winked.

“Mhm, that was needed.” She said, nodded and turned away from him, going to take her seat at the very back of the class. As she sits and waited for whoever runs the club, her head lays on her left hand and her right hand rests serenely on the desktop.

Her eyes flutter open as she smells a familiar scent, the smell of pineapple and tuberose. She knows only one person with such a smell, looking to her right without moving she catches Nikolai settling on the empty, now being occupied stool.

“Hey, calm down. If you want me to leave all you have to do is ask, no need to give me those eyes.” Nikolai puts his hands up and gave a tight lip smile.

“You may stay if you wish. That is none of my concern. Just don't bother me.” She averts her gaze.

“I see.” He nodded. “So, do you also loathe places with too much people. To socialize overall?”

She looked over at him, “Are you a mind reader of some sort? Yes, I do despise it sooooo much.”

He chuckled. “Yeah, me too. The thought of being around so many people, who are only present to drain your energy is so absurd.”

“Oh my god finally somebody understands! You're introverted and get labeled as cold and aloof too am I right?” Now interested in the small talk she leans over.

“Tch, my mother normally calls me demonic because I prefer being alone in a dark or dimly lit room.” He rolled his eyes, dropping his bag on the table.