A small length of pink string around my twin sister's wrist leads to a matching string bracelet around Luella's wrist, a safeguard in case the small girl slips from Rhea's hands, no doubt. It would be very bad if the small child lost physical contact with Rhea at that height.

Luella giggles loudly, squirming in Rhea's grasp as the spin slowly in the air. For a four year old who doesn't like being away from her adoptive parents, she's surprisingly happy. I suppose that may have something to do with Rhea distracting the girl though. Any small child without a fear of height would enjoy floating, I guess. Though my magic doesn't risk nausea like hers does.

Deciding to join them, I cast a small shield beneath my feet and raise it up into the air. I'm used to the feeling of moving this way, standing or sitting on a flat barrier, and the movement doesn't bother me anymore.

Luella giggles as reaches for me as I come up next to the pair, sitting cross-legged on my golden platform like a magic carpet rider.

"Hey, brother 'o mine!" Rhea chirps. "No more reading?"

"Changeling was a little poo," I grumble.

Rhea laughs, "It's that just how he is?"

"I suppose," I reply with a small smile. Rhea swims through the air and I extend my platform for her and Luella to land on. "I trapped him in the front foyer."

Another bright laugh passes Rhea's lips and she asks, "You think they'll be back soon?"

"Daddy?" Luella pipes up, tilting her head. "He's coming back?"

"Soon," I reply.

"Now, actually," a voice calls.

We all look down to see Rei standing below us with her arms crossed, still dressed in the tank top and shorts she left in. Asher is with her, his hands in his jean pockets, an amused smirk on his lips. Rhea and I share a look before I bring my platform back down to the ground. Rhea unties the string around Luella's wrist and her own, stowing it away in her pocket.

Rei watches us with a raised brow, eyeing me specifically. I smile innocently, rocking back and forth on my feet. Rhea looks between us with a grin as Luella reaches for Asher.

"Hey, Lu," the alpha murmurs gently, sweeping her up.

"Uncle Ash," the girl giggles wildly, latching onto Asher's neck and wrapping her legs around his waist. The golden ring on his finger glints in the sunlight and a faint, unwanted chill raises goosebumps across my skin, but then Luella is chattering again and the feeling is gone. "Warbird taked me up! We could look over all the trees! Where's Daddy?"

"In the front foyer," Asher replies. "He's with your Pop."

"Yeah, mind explaining that, Fury?" Rei asks, looking at me with a raised brow.

I cross my arms, refusing to feel bad. "He was interrupting my reading."

Rei hums for a second before nodding. "Fair. I'll go and let him out so Lulu can see Flash."

"Did he join Changeling in there?"

"Of course he did."

I laugh lightly and nod. Of course Killian wouldn't leave Zaine alone in his time out; he loves the annoying little fuck too much. Not to say the rest of us don't, but Killian has the most patience with him.

Rei takes Luella with her as she heads back inside, leaving Rhea and I with Asher.

The alpha smiles, tilting his head. "Ready for your party tomorrow, Independence?"

"That again?" Rhea rolls her eyes but smiles fondly. "Just because our birthday is the Fourth of July—"

"Independence," Asher cuts her off with a smirk. Rhea rolls her eyes again but doesn't reply and Asher's smirk widens before he shakes his head. "But really, you two. You're turning sixteen, it's supposed to be grand."