1. Welcome to Canada

Flashback

Canada. It sounded so familiar yet so foreign to my ears. For the first time in my whole entire life. I get to get out of the country and travel somewhere else other than our local Market back in Arizona. Apparently, we needed to move because my mom needed to be closer to her new work place now. Which i find convenient but let's face it, that wasn't really the main reason why we moved.

My eyes were closed but my ears and mind were open. I could hear the engine of the car as we drove trough the streets of Canada. The window was slightly open which gave us the right amount of cold air we needed. I shifted in my seat to get into a more comfortable position as my butt was actually starting to get numb, considering the fact that we've been driving for hours now. I'm probably exaggerating things but what do you expect from a 13 year old?

Soon enough the car came into a slow stop. Keeping my eyes closed, i heard my mom get out of the car as i prayed silently to myself that she would carry me into the house cause honestly, i was dead tired. "Hailey wake up" my mom's voice called as she shook me awake "We're here." I groaned as I stretch; silently, thanking the situation that immediately made my eyes cope up with the darkness as soon as i opened them since it wasn't actually the earliest time of the day right now. I got out of the car with my backpack in my hand as i stared at the not so familiar house that was standing in front of me. There was a huge truck blocking the door way as men carried our stuff in. "Do you like it? I mean it's not as big and pretty as the beach hous-"

"Mom, i like it" i said as i cut her off. I didn't wanna hear any apologies from my mom about not giving me the best house in Stratford and stuff right now cause honestly, i couldn't care less. Sure we lived in a much bigger and prettier place back in Arizona considering we lived near the beach but my mom honestly worries too much. My mom was my everything, she was my rock and my star. She was the type of mom that made sure her child will get all the things she desires in life. I was very thankful for that. My dad on the other hand is the complete opposite of her. A complete bastard if i must say. He's probably one of the main reasons why we moved out of the country. Mom said it was due to her work but honestly, the fact that i hear them every night screaming at each other makes it so hard for me to believe her excuses.

I watched the surroundings as i pushed myself to familiarize everything. Trees. Snow. Houses. More snow. Cars. Empty streets. And of course, more snow. But one house stood out the most. It wasn't the biggest but it sure was the prettiest. It had full on christmas lights outside. You know those houses who goes full on Christmas during the holidays.. I'm guessing the owner is probably one of them.

Starring in awe i felt someone's gaze on me, and as soon as i turned my head to the house that was just beside, and now what i call, Santa's Groto, i saw a boy peeping from the window. Although as soon as he saw me he closed the curtains and disappeared in sight. And me being the lunatic and scared 13 year old I am, I sprinted my way back to the house.

As i passed the movers and made my way into the house, my eyes wandered from every corner. It had a high ceiling and a comfy vibe to it. We also had a fire place, which of course, is essential especially when you live in a country who's highest temperature would probably 9 degrees. Again with the exaggeration.

"Thank you so much" i heard my mom say from the other side of the room as i saw her hand money to the old man, who was probably the boss of the movers.

Ignoring them, i made my way upstairs and checked all the rooms until i found the one which had my bed already assembled in it. To conclude the whole afternoon, we practically spent the whole day settling in our new home.