Book Thirty-eight: just stop

Start from the beginning

   "You wanna know what I was born with?" Anna asked smirkingly. I think I am not the only one who rolled my eyes. Anna laughed, reaching forward to smack me again, but I was already too far. "Vera, how would you know if Waylon isn't fucking another pussy?"

   "Whether he is or isn't, I don't wanna think about it or know either. Let's leave this topic and talk about why Lavender has been acting like..."

   "Sore kitty!" Anna squealed and laughed at her senseless joke because to her, it was a joke. Shaking my head at her, I looked over to Tyra and Rylee who were heading towards us. The soon to be brides. A smile touched my lips when I remembered how difficult it was for us to get Rylee to choose a wedding dress. It might surprise you to know she only agreed to wear a black wedding dress, so yes, Rylee's wedding dress was black. It was either that or nothing. Although Rominic did assure Phineas that she would change her mind soon but soon was running out of time.

   Tyra on the other hand almost bought the entire shop. We had to remind her that she can only wear one dress which resulted to her crying over it. I wish I could wear one soon like I'd always wanted. I remembered back then when I was preparing for my wedding after Rominic proposed. I didn't go gown shopping because I already had a dress, the one mom made for herself for her Mr. Right that never came. With a little touch here and there, the gown was set and ready to be worn. It was my dream dress but that dream was stolen from me.

   The dress was with the seamstress when everything happened. So before I faked my death, I took it back and left, but when things got really hard, I sold the dress. I lost my mother's dream dress to poverty and a wedding for me was not happening anytime soon.

   "Yo, Lavlove," Rylee called as she strutted towards me, "what's going on between you and my brother? He looks like shit..."

   "And smells like one," I blunted out, making them all hum. I unintentionally gave myself away. I sighed again and sat on the ground, beside Ginger who was sitting next to Sussy who in turn sat next to Terra. They were all wearing sexy bikinis, Anna almost naked and Terra wearing her glitter makeup. Rylee and I were the only one not wearing bikinis. Rylee would rather die than put one on. She was wearing Phineas floral beach shirt over her underwear and a olden days Jewish sandals. I don't even wanna know where she got it from. Her hair was braided, just like mine, but unlike her, I was wearing a tight but thin bralette top and a floral printed sarong skirt, no shoes, just my feet.

   Tyra took the space at my other side while Rylee chose to crouch in front of me, staring at me observantly. "You know he loves you, right?" Tyra asked, glaring at Anna who was squeezing her breasts. Anna shrugged and continued squeezing. Resigning, Tyra turned her attention to me. "You know that everything bothering you is bothering him and what bothers him bothers Rylee and as long as it's bothering Rylee, it's bothering me as well. Now what bothers me bothers Link and what bothers Link bothers the guys and what bothers the guys bothers their wives and what bothers the parents bothers the..."

   "Okay, Tyra, we are connected, we get it." Sussy interjected while the others giggled.

   "Lavlove," Rylee called almost in a whisper, drawing my attention to her. She tilt her eyes and looked deep into my eyes, almost unnerving me. "Is what you two fighting over worth it? Or are you just using it as a front for the real reason you are angry?"

   "Oh, trust me, she's not angry," Anna said, "she's more worried and sad than angry,"

   "And if I've known her well enough, then I will boldly say she is sad about something else and is using this as a front. My guess is that the thing is related to Rominic. Am I right or am I wrong?" Terra added, making me frown because I hoped they wouldn't figure it out so I could lie. I didn't want them to know that the real reason I was sad was because of the fear of Rominic and I never getting married and losing my wedding dress. I didn't want them to know that I was breaking my promise by continuously comparing my present to my past. I didn't want them to be disappointed in me and tell the guys after I promised them I would not overthink it. I just didn't want anyone to know.