Book Twenty-five: hormones on board

Leave a vote before you start reading.

Lavender's viewpoint

   In my next life, I would love to be the mother of my kids allover again. Not only were they as thoughtful and sweet as their father and grandparents, they were incredible kids that would grow up to be outstanding adults. No doubt they would take care of their wives and husbands as great as they take care of me and how their father did. Even when Rominic was only dating me to gain something, he treated me like a queen. The one thing I know is that his entire family knows how to take care of their love ones. Take it from Rylee and Phineas or when Rominic falls ill. You don't want to be around her then. She would pamper him like glass and yet be the first to throw a punch when he gets back on his feet. My children took both our caring nature, making them the ultimate.

   They planned a vacation for us, how sweet and thoughtful. And that stunt they pulled, genius. I was already planning on asking Rominic for it but hoping to wait it out until I was better or after the gala. Rominic told me he left the responsibility of the gala preparation in Rylee's hands since we have both been out of work for almost two weeks. Neither of us wanted to discuss about how terrible the gala would be, at least not yet. Well, the point is, I'm glad the kids prepared this for us.

   Back to their father being thoughtful. I was completely exhausted from leaving the hospital to a private dinner reservation, dancing, too much food and then straight to the airport. Rominic being the loving and caring one carried me from the airport to the car, into the hotel to the reception, to the elevator and finally, our room. He carried me bridal style which was wonderful by the way. There's the joy of his warm body enfolding me, his arms and his yummy scent. I was in love with the position I missed so much.

   "And here we are!" I groaned from how loud his voice is. My ears weren't far from him. "Oops, sorry," he chuckled, "are you strong enough to take a bath?" Yes, strong enough to sleep. I think I murmured something that made him chuckle. He carried me to the bed and threw me on it. But the bed was extra soft and bouncy, causing my body to flounce on it from the capacity of his throw, making me giggle before breaking into a laugh.

   "If you weren't so tired, I would have crawled over you and kiss those tempting plump flesh," my eyes were close since I was too tired to open my eyes, but I could tell he was smiling. I clicked my tongue in feign annoyance, "what? Too soon?" I imagined him staring at me with one eyebrow quirk, his weird attractive smile that always makes me laugh, gracing his lips. I laughed. I had been doing that too often, and I liked it. I liked as I felt completely free from the burden in my heart and the weight on my shoulders.

   Before I met Rominic, I was free and happy, but not that happy because I was still seeking my family's love, after I met him, it was the same but a little heavier. I'd always wondered why I felt heavy even if I love him and he loves me. But now I knew the heaviness was because deep down, I knew the truth I buried inside of me. The load got ten times heavier after I was disowned, and twenty after I found out I was pregnant. I didn't kill myself but I did feel the heavy weight compressing me each passing day. And with every man I laid with, every torture and sorrow I went through, every night I stayed up watching my sick children, the weight doubled and doubled and doubled until I was the mess of a while ago. But ever since I forgave him, I felt completely free.

   He never told Peyton I was bad in bed or tell her about our sexual life. Our first time wasn't a lie and neither was all the times he said... Most of the times he said he loved me. I was going to believe that I might not be better... Or rather, I was not better than Peyton but I still manage to steal her boyfriend and stamp my seal on his heart. I wasn't perfect–still not though better–but I took something from her. After comparing myself to her for so long, I finally felt better and more than I have ever felt my entire life. Happier than when I was with my mother. I felt on top of the world.