Flashback

Princessnapped! Chapter 2: Flashback

AN: This chapter is really some background information on Sasuke and…as some of you predicted already, Itachi. Enjoy…?

“Itachi, Sasuke…” the queen called. The boys ran over as soon they heard her warm voice.

“This is Princess Hinata, from theLandofIce.” She kindly pushed a little girl into view.

“H-Hello.” The tiny girl squeaked. This had been the first time she had interacted with boys around her age.

“Hi.” The younger boy, Sasuke, said a welcoming smile gracing his features. His demeanor help as the girl hid behind the Queen.

“There’s no need to be shy.” The woman assured. “You boys be nice to her, okay?”

The two boys nodded.

Hinata was then left alone with the two Uchiha boys.

“Hello princess.” The older one finally spoke, bowing politely to the young girl.

“H-Hi.” She greeted back shyly.

“Hey Hina, wanna play hide and seek?” Sasuke invited.

“U-Uh—“ Before the girl could even mutter out the rest of her sentence, she was pulled away by the younger boy. Itachi stood there, refusing to play in such infantile games, but was already feeling a bit of loneliness.

From then on, Sasuke always held Hinata’s interest. She never paid any attention to Itachi although he was the one she would be betrothed to. He was the real prince. But ever since he was banished from the kingdom, everything was stripped from him. His family name, his title, all of his belonging, but most of all, the princess. Itachi was already in love with the Ice Princess from the start, but detested how she was charmed by his younger brother.

oOo

*A year or so later*

The clock struck midnight. Itachi carefully snuck out of the palace and into the dense woods that surrounded it. He dove through sharp branches and low grasses to get to the rendezvous point.

“Finally,” the mysterious man said. “What have you figured out?”

“My parents are hiding something of great value in the lowest dungeon. I believe this very kingdom depends on it.”

“And how do I get this??”

In the distance, sirens went off. The guards had detected unknown peoples in the kingdom after dark. “Found them!” The lead knight captain barked, quickly emerging out of the bushes. Itachi and the unknown man had been caught.

oOo

*The very next day*

“I can’t believe it!” the king roared angrily. “Working for spies? Do you KNOW how much danger this kingdom is in now?”

“I’m well aware, Father.” Itachi responded quietly.

“Don’t you DARE call me father! You are no longer an Uchiha! Only thing you are is a traitor!”

“Honey, please calm down!” the Queen protested. “He couldn’t have given too much information—“

“You have no say in this!!!” The king bellowed at his wife.

Itachi wanted to yell at his father for disrespecting his mother but kept quiet.

“Now you…” King Uchiha said in a harsh yet quiet tone. “Are banished from this kingdom!”

“C-Can’t we just keep him in the dungeons—“ the queen protested but her voice stopped as the long thing that be heard was the sound of the king’s palm on her face.

Before Itachi could even move, guards took him away to the torture chamber. He said nothing on the way there, knowing that if he said anything, his punishment would be worse.

They chained him to a wall, his back facing them. Itachi waited anxiously for the first hit. He had always heard of other’s bleeding to death from floggings. The former prince wasn’t scared of death, however.

The whip cut through the air and landed on the middle of his back. It only stung. But soon the whips got more powerful. White searing pain was the only thing the raven-haired man could feel. Blood dripped down his back, slipping into other open wounds. Hit after hit the pain grew more and more unbearable but he did not make a noise. One was so hard, he fell to his knees. Then it stopped. Itachi wondered if there was a pattern on his back or just a maze of red bleeding wounds.

Guards then proceeded to take him out of palace and threw him into a makeshift carriage roughly. Itachi gave them a menacing glare as they tied him up. They rode for what seemed like hours but it was only a few minutes. The small wooden carriage came to a halt.

The doors opened once again and three guards grabbed the former prince and threw him onto the ground. “You may never enter this kingdom again!” the leader yelled. Within seconds, the carriage was gone and Itachi was left alone to figure out his bearings.

He was surely outside of the kingdom…maybe he was in theDarkForest, which was on the outskirts of the great Fire Nation. With little struggle, the raven haired man wiggled out of his restraints and started walking. Then, the young man didn’t know where he was going. He knew his life would either start anew or end very soon.

AN: I might need some help later in rewriting some of these scenes (especially the whipping one, ugh). Anyways, please review! Tell me about what you hope to see in the next chapter…