Chapter 42: The Other Halves

Start from the beginning

"Who are you?" I whisper to him and his eyes widen.

"Wha? What? I'm Ethan." he nods his head trying to convince me.

"Why do you look so... different?" I ask softly, my voice barely above a whisper.

"I don't," At that moment realisation dawns on him as his eyes widen and he sighs in exasperation. "My name's Lyle Warnimar..." His voice is soft and raspy sending goosebumps down my spine. Although he's my mate he's not getting me that easily.

"Larkin Sharlin." I smile at my mate and run my fingers through his tousled hair.

Ria POV:

I watch in delight alongside my friends as Lark finds her mate, and it just so happens to be Lyle Warnimar otherwise known as Ethan Macaroy to everyone else.

They break their stare and turn to the rest of us, their faces flushed. I wink at Lark and she giggles like a schoolgirl.

Instead of standing there I march over to Lark and pull her into a tight hug, we stand like that for a moment before I pull away and turn to Lyle.

"If you even think about hurting my sister, you will be in for a world of pain. You got that Lyle." I growl at him while glaring. "Anyway Congrats." I pat him on the back and walk so I'm standing beside my twin but I don't miss his gulp of fear from my threat. Zim also follows suit and hugs Lark tightly and whispers in her ear.

"I'm so happy for you." Zim whispers before glaring at Lyle and stands beside me. The rest of the group hug Lark and clap Lyle on the back and congratulate him, but to the name Ethan not Lyle.

"Why are people calling you Ethan, only Ria and Blaze didn't." I notice Lark ask Lyle, her gaze quizzicle as she holds his hand.

I hear him sigh and watch as his gaze connects with mine, I nod and he huffs and drags her closer to me.

"Look, you can't tell anyone who I am ok? Only Blaze and Ria know because they saved my life, oh and Ria can see through my glamour." He scowls at me when he says this but turns back to Lark with soft eyes.

"You can also see through my glamour but because we're mates not for whatever creepy reason your sister can." Lyle continues.

"I'm not creepy excuse you." I grumble but keep quiet after a pointed look from Lyle.

"The reason you and everyone else knew me as Ethan was because I'm meant to be dead. My father tried to murder me his name is Henry Warnimor. I learnt about his plans to side with the dark side when it came time for the war and tried to tell people. So he tried to drown me, however it turned out I was a water elemental Rider so it didn't exactly work out for him. So here I am. Oh, I'm also a Vampire." Lyle's voice is calm but an undertone of pleading to be believed is evident.

"I'm sorry, you have me now and all my friends. Also you will just love being the new Vampire leader." Lark grins and I smile softly at the cute couple. Slowly I back away and make my way to where I can see Kyle standing all on his lonesome skimming rocks into the lake.

"Hey, are you okay?" I walk up and stand beside him, he jumps slightly when he hears me but turns to me anyway.

"Yeah, I'm ok." He nods and goes back to skimming rocks, we stand in companionable silence for a few minutes until he looks at me, studying my face.

"I can see dad in your face." Kyle says quietly.

"You think?" I ask and he smiles back.

"I'm happy we may be siblings, although only half-siblings anyway." He grins at me, his short messy hair bouncing with the breeze.