Copy Cat | Chpt 24

Start from the beginning

She took off and the baby cried as the stroller picked up speed. I wanted to be frustrated, but I couldn't blame her for what she saw. I held onto the wall for a moment, looking to the street name as if that might help me. I didn't have my phone with me, Toga must obviously have it. I looked up towards a subway railing. Maybe if I just made my way along it I could find a station and learn where I was. I went with that plan and wandered for a while before finding a station. I glanced at the map, hungry and cold and dizzy. Just a few blocks East. I ducked out of sight and made my way due East until things started to look familiar.

"Just a little farther is the park," I muttered, keeping off the streets as to not alert people of my presence. I didn't want to go to the police, knowing that would just complicate things. I tried to pick up the pace, my lungs burning and the rain steadily drizzling.

I finally made it to the school and Toga most certainly knew I left. It wasn't that far, but it was clear she had been warping back and forth. The gate. I didn't have any of my things, so I just stood outside it, feeling defeated.

What was I supposed to do now? How was Toga getting in, she couldn't have my fingerprints too could she? Maybe she could. I just looked around until I noticed where she had been getting in. It was clever and hidden. I felt sneaky using it, but that was something I'd have to live with. I let out a breath and made my way towards the school.

I felt like something was going to be wrong. It was quiet and I made my way, quickly to Aizawa first. His office was empty and so was his classroom. I made my way to the common room, just praying that things would work out okay. Deku, Kirishima, Uraraka, Bakugo, Momo, and Aizawa were there. Aizawa handed something to Deku as Momo spoke. I stood in the doorway for a moment, feeling myself tear up.

I hadn't realized it at first, but I was finally back home.

"Help me?" I asked and the entire group turned quickly to look towards me. My clothes quietly dripped onto the carpet and I was shaking. Kirishima's eyes were wide and Bakugo held him back, the rest of the group quiet.

"(y/n)."

"Yeah..."

The group was fearful and it was obvious that they couldn't tell it was me. It looked like they might be devising a plan to rescue me.

"Don't believe a word she says."

Somehow, Toga had managed to come up the same way I had. She was soaking wet, wearing the same clothes as me, looking sick. How did she think this would work? Even if I was taken away, she wouldn't have my blood to carry on. Unless she did. It was hard to keep track. I grasped onto the window sill, trying to think of what to do. My breath was heavy.

"Neither of you move," Aizawa stated. Deku shut the door behind us so neither of us could run, for whichever of us were Toga. I was struggling to stay standing, so I didn't know what to do in this instance. If I fainted, she would have the advantage.

"How are we supposed to tell?" Uraraka asked, her arms hugging her stomach.

"I managed to escape, only for her to try and pose a me," Toga said, looking my way. I couldn't say anything, teeth chattering. Toga was trying her best to seem like she was in pain too, pretending to be cold. I looked towards Kirishima who was staring at me specifically. I met his eyes, feeling slightly warmer.

"Kids, just watch yourselves and stay behind me," Aizawa stated.

"Ask them a question," Momo murmured.

"I've got one," Kirishima said, the other students in the room turning to look at him. "What's my favorite animal?"

"Kirishima, being fucking serious," Bakugo scoffed.