"thought we were past that." he grabbed a jug of apple juice and got two cups.

"it was yesterday." i sat on the counter with my legs open watching him fix our cups

"thats the past isn't it?" his cheeky comeback made me smile a little bit, and i didn't bother to hide it. he was breaking down the walls i purposely put up when i got in here and i started not to mind it so much. "yea, im done thinking. dont yell at me this time, alright?"

i gave him an airy chuckle and nodded, my cup of juice long gone.

"look," he came over to me and placed himself right between my legs, his hands on either side "i don't want you to think i don't want to be your friend anymore, and i don't want you to think that i only want to be your friend.

you make me mad, you test my limits, and we fight, but thats how things are gonna be, not everything's gonna be fucking smooth sailing." his hands slowly and carefully found their way to my thighs, lightly rubbing his hands back and forth from what looked to be an out of character emotion. nervousness.

his tone was soft, but he was speaking as monotone as ever. he was making ME nervous with his nervousness.

"i don't know how we're gonna make this work..." he dipped his head watching his hands gently caress my thighs, "but we made it work when we were best friends, so i wanna make it work as a couple. i want us to work."

he looked back up at me staring me directly in the eyes and i almost felt myself quite literally melt away, this is the closest i've been to him in such a long time and shit he looked tired.

he had bags, and dark circles, and he was visibly pale.

had I such an effect on him?

Kat had this whole new type of vulnerability to him, maybe thats why his voice was so flat, cause he didn't want to show anymore vulnerability than he really needed to.

i mean that sounds like him doesn't it?

"don't make me look stupid y/n, say something." his hands were digging in my thighs, seeking something i couldn't really tell what.

he looked like he was stressing himself for an answer and who am i to keep him waiting if i was just fiending for him a month ago.

it was risky, definitely risky, but once again i did it before i could even think it through.

i brought my hand to the back of his neck and pulled him into me, and he kissed me back almost immediately.

i didnt want it to go too far so i pulled away, i got a good look of his face and seen him completely light up, his face and his smile.

he turned a whole new shade of red, and smile bigger than i've ever seen.

"that a yea?" he said

"think thats a yea, idunno tho."

"lets do it again, i don't think i got the message."

"oh yea?" i said leaning into his lips, a small smirk playing on his lips but his blushing is telling another story.

"mhm.." his voice went deep and raspy, causing my stomach to go absolutely crazy. i'm not talking no regular schmegular butterflies, it was some angry ass wasps in there, fighting for their lives.