My legs lowered while my hands clenched the hilt of my sword tightly, pointing the top towards him as the glimmer of the sun danced along the edge until it reached the sharpest end, snowballs materialized off the ground, a dozen of them to be exact.

"Release," I muttered, making them dart towards him.

"Disperse,"

The snowballs then scattered, making a cloud of frost that would be a perfect way to surprise him.

I thrust forward at blinding speeds but his blade intercepted my attack making him push our weapons towards each other as we glared face to face. He was already prepared and blocked my attack with his sword, a gust of wind cleared the flurry of snow suspended around him and blew the grass gently.

"A valiant effort, Varay." He praised me.

I shoved once more creating a recoil that distanced me from him and blinked towards his left side towards his back. He followed up by doing the same and we were running in circles of each other, his stance as complacent as ever with his other hand placed in his pocket.

Our swords finally met once again when I initiated the first strike with a horizontal slash while he blocked with a sweep upwards. With my free left hand, I conjured another snowball and threw it at his face, temporarily blinding him.

He responded with a horizontal cut that cleared him of the gust of snow which I dodged by flipping backward. Without even letting me blink his figure was instantly near me and I was left with no other choice but to retreat further.

Freezing the ground once again to pin him down I thrust the second time and went for the offensive.

I feigned a step and redirected my attack, catching him off guard in the process and earning a smile. He tried to block, but my blade was caught between his hand and his crossguard, with my hand I heaved until his fingers loosened their grip. His sword spun around as it flew in the air before it plunged the earth behind me.

He propelled himself backward in return gaining some distance over me as I tried to drive my blade forwards.

"Did I win?" I asked.

"You haven't knocked me out, nor have left me incapable of fighting."

He lowered his body and began sprinting towards me.

I gripped my sword with two hands by artificially extending the handle with ice and froze the ground in the hopes of stopping him.

He was going to maneuver downwards so I heaved my sword and slashed it horizontally.

Just before approaching me he knelt and slid, with his nose just above my blade.

Using the frozen floor he skidded quickly and was about to grab his sword.

"Oh no, you don't!" I barked, stomping the ground and making a block of ice launch me towards him.

I twirled around to hopefully gain enough energy and prepared to slash.

To my misfortune, my mentor was quickly grabbing his sword and turning towards me.

I suddenly find myself upside down and open for an attack.

He pressed his sword and it made contact with my collarbone, sending me flying.

"That concludes our lesson for the day. Remember to cool down, drink lots of water, and rest." He dismissed as he sheathed his sword before it was absorbed by a ring on his finger.

I was left dumbfounded in the ground still lying down and trying to process what had happened. I had lost, and it was the two hundredth time I did.

"Don't worry Varay, you caught me off guard with the feign. The snowballs were impressive, to say the least. If it wasn't me training you I'm afraid you would've killed your trainer already." He reached out his hand towards me which I gladly accepted.

"Thank you, Mentor Aselith." I bowed my head after standing up to show my gratitude.

"You're growing. There will be a time when I will have none left to teach you, but even if that time comes remember to never stop growing. Empty your cup in order to fill it again, until your death you will always be a student of life." He said what he always says at the end of our training.

He and Cierra accompanied me inside the manor. My parents gave their thanks and he gave his remarks about me and what I've improved upon. He then went to the washroom to change his attire and went on his way.

I did the same and quickly rushed to the showers to cool off my body that was drenched in sweat. I also took the time to meditate and refine my core, which was about to reach light yellow.

"Milady, don't you need me to assist you in the bath?" Cierra asked behind the door.

"Don't worry, I don't need any help," I said to her.

After a couple of minutes, I opened the door and grabbed the clothes that Cierra was holding, and after changing I headed downstairs to eat lunch with mother and father.

On the way down I heard the voice of other people, I went in to check and found two new figures in the living area sitting along with my parents.

The first one appeared older and wore a hazel waistcoat paired with a fresh white long sleeve polo. He has his ashen brown hair combed at either side reminding me of Vincent Helstea.

"Varay, have you rested?" My father noticed me observing from the staircase.

"No need father, I still have a lot of energy left from training," I responded going down the staircase.

"Are you sure, Varay?" My mother questioned.

"Don't worry mother, I'm fine," I responded.

"Then I would like you to meet Alexander Hierghund and his son Grey." My father introduced me, standing up and escorting me towards the guests.

Alexander turned around and greeted me with a bow and an introduction. His son did the same but something struck me as soon as he did.

Grey stood from his seat revealing his height, who was somewhat taller than me. He looked like he was the same age as me and was dressed in a blue long sleeve polo with suspenders attached to his mud-brown slacks.

His eyes were somewhere between sharp and almond shape, sharing the same golden color as his father has. His grey hair was trimmed around the sides but still had sharp features.

His glasses were a finishing touch and framed his "clean" façade.

"A pleasure to meet you, milady. I am Grey, the firstborn son of house Hierghund." His voice was mature and smooth.

"Varay, are you ok my dear?" I was snapped back from spacing out by my mother.

"Ah yes, I'm fine. Pleased to meet you." I turned to my mother and then the guests and curtsied.

After greeting them they both sat once again to talk with mother and father.

Something about Grey feels familiar but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"Are you going to join us for lunch?" Father asked.

"Actually, I feel tired right now. But I do hope our two guests enjoy their stay at our house." I turned around and used a classic to escape.

Without even acknowledging the farewells of my parents I headed upstairs.

Closing the door I walked towards my bed and huddled a pillow tight.