7

Next morning, while it was still dark, Seonghwa woke up. He quickly stood up realising he was sleeping on Hongjoong's lap. His body pained with the effort and he winced. Hongjoong, who never slept, saw this and made the older sit down. He then went out on the street, the night breeze cooling his face. He walked around a bit, trying to find an open store. Instead, he saw a very familiar face- Kim Yubin.

Kim Yubin was Hongjoong's older step brother. Yubin was the only person who understood Hongjoong at home, he was the only one who had never physically harmed Hongjoong. He would sometimes even check up on him, bringing him snacks. Yubin had left the house years ago, he was still in the family business, he just lived on his own now.

That morning, Yubin was on his usual walk when someone called out, "Hyung! It's me! Hongjoong!" Yubin looked around to see the small familiar face. "Hongjoong! What are you doing here? Wait- what's with your face? Are you okay?" Yubin asked seeing his brother like this. Hongjoong quickly explained the whole situation. "Park Seonghwa bought you? God why would father sell you to that bastard.When will father stop doing all this just for money. Seonghwa would have paid a good amount for you. That doesn't mean I am interested in making any business with him, and look at you, what good has he done after buying you? This?" said Yubin, clearly annoyed. Hongjoong realised his brother had changed over the years, he used to be quite and gentle, world has changed him too. But now was not the time to think about it, right now, they needed a shelter. "Well, hyung, we can't change what's already happened. I need your help right now, can we stay at your place for a while?" asked Hongjoong.

"Oh sure you can, but that Seonghwa can't, I'm sorry" Yubin stated.

Hongjoong thought about it, he was not going to leave Seonghwa behind in this state. "Oh I am sorry then hyung, but I can only stay if you allow both of us" Hongjoong replied and started going away when Yubin called him back.
"Okay, both of you can stay, but you'll have to pay, and y'all get only one room" Hongjoong was happy at his change of mind. "Thank you soo much hyung! Wait here, I'll bring Seonghwa over."

Hongjoong went over to Seonghwa and told him that they were staying at his brother's. On hearing that it was Kim Yubin, Seonghwa immediately refused too, but after a long persuasion from Hongjoong, he agreed. They made their way towards Yubin, Seonghwa kept looking down. "Huh, look at him, can't even meet eyes because of the shame." Yubin smirked when he saw Seonghwa. Seonghwa didn't say anything. Hongjoong held his hand.  

Yubin's place was comparatively large. It was messy all here and there, almost as if no one lived there. Yubin showed the two a small room and told them they would stay there. The two went inside and it was small. Yubin showed no hospitality towards his guests, he just continued with his daily life as if the two weren't there. Though, if Seonghwa and Yubin were left alone, a quarrel would start off and not end until Hongjoong stepped in to stop them. Yubin wasn't generally home, so Hongjoong would cook for himself and Seonghwa. Seonghwa wouldn't speak much, and when speaking, the words came out cold.