𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

I was totally stupefied and wasn't able to swallow my own saliva due to the confusion and fear. I could feel the chills running down my spine. I started to think why am I feeling this way.

The first time I saw him, I was only able to see a blur figure that was giving out a specific glow but the second time I saw him I was able to see his completely clear appearance. So many questions were rushing in my mind carving for answers. I then thought to myself maybe it was due to the faith and beliefs I had on what I saw the previous day.

I didn't run away. I stayed there while the figure was staring at me. I asked him "What does that mean? Are you telling me about this place? Do you live here? You sent me the butterfly, It's your voice and it says the same things you are saying right now. Why did you bring me here?" I asked everything in one go. I was really confused and scared so I poured out all the questions and thoughts in my head. After each question I asked him in a calm and quiet way, my voice was shaking and I felt my heart pounding in my throat.

At that moment I had no doubt. I was filled with faith but confused and wanted answers for all my questions.

There were few enchanting blue flowers on the ground. The spirit pointed his fingers at those blue flowers, slowly moved his fingers towards the sparkling water of the pond, gazed at the moon, looked at me and said "Blue flowers and sparkling water where you see moonlight".

My confusion kept growing and growing. I was feeling nervous off my limits but I wasn't feeling threatened.

I said in my confused state

"I...I don't understand.

You don't belong to this world. Why are you still here?"

The spirit went near the blue flowers. He crouched and picked a flower and it instantly turned black and died.

After witnessing that incident that happened I was sure he was a cursed soul that is trapped in this world. I asked him "Are you not able to leave this world?"

He was as silent as the dead and kept looking into my eyes. Then I noticed the cloud cover the moon and he disappeared.

I didn't waste a second. I took my opportunity and started to run away from that pond. I knew I had to do something about this and do more research. If I don't my curiosity and thoughts would eventually kill me. While I was running, something hit my head. I turned around and saw a small badge which students or small kids stick to their bags. It has the year 1960 stamped on it. I took it and looked behind. The road was empty, there was no one there. I continued running and decided I should investigate this deeply.

I came home and acted like nothing had happened. I was behaving as normal as I always behave. I had the best handmade Ramen noodles for dinner with a Traditional Japanese drink on the side.

We all spoke for a little while and everyone went to sleep. As soon as I saw everyone sleeping I took my laptop and typed the year 1960 with the name of the town and checked if anything bizzare occurred . After my investigation I found out there were 8 murders where 5 of them were women, 2 of them were men and 1 was a whole family. I wanted to know how they all were killed so I searched up and got to know that all the people who got murdered was by a serial killer named Tsutomu Miyazaki.

He was a very famous serial killer in the town in those times. He was a crazy serial killer who killed many women and immediately his next target was a family. The family he targeted was a 42 year old husband who works for a company, a 36 year old wife who dedicated her life to teaching, an 8 year old girl named Nina and a 6 year old boy named Rei. The night of the murder, its said that the killer entered their house through the window and stabbed the husband in the head, who was spot dead. Then he went for the wife and the girl in the bedroom and stabbed them many times. The 6 year old heard the sound of screaming and ran to check on his family. When he came to the living room he saw his dad's, mom's and his sister's bodies all lined up and saw a stranger stabbing them continuously. In that panicking moment he ran out of the house while the killer followed him and chased after him. Suddenly the killer fell down which made him hit his head on the nearby rock. His head started to bleed which buys some time for the 6 year old to run away from the killer. But unfortunately the 6 year old couldn't run away from an adult. He catches up to him and strangles him with his hands. To hide the body he dragged him near the pond area and was caught by the nearby police officers who were patrolling the area.

He was brought to the court and then face murder charges and many more charges which put him to the death sentence.

I rethought about what I saw in the article and was reminded that they attached an old newspaper from 1960 which had a 2 storey house with big windows and the picture of the family. My heart dropped and I felt really bad for that family, I wanted to help this little boy so bad. I promised myself I would send this little boy's spirit to where he belongs. I will free him from this curse.