Asking Questions 🖤💙

Moonrise! Are you all ready to learn more about this fusion? You better be! Guidance has just come into existence, and he's discovering new powers and personality. But how will all the others react?

It was supposed to be a normal night. It was Roman's turn to cook dinner, though he ended up pulling Virgil into the kitchen to talk. The emo just sat on the counter and watched his friend cooking. Roman wasn't as good at cooking as Logan or Patton were. He could only cook pasta but at least he was good at that.

"Why did you want to talk to me again?" Virgil asked, one knee pulled up with his elbow on it. "I was busy-"

"You can take a break from your My Chemical Romance concert in your room," Roman said flatly. "Besides, this is very important." The prince had his eyes focused on the meat he was shaping and putting into a pan, but they would occasionally flicker and seem distant.

"What's so important, then?" Virgil asked.

Roman sighed and paused in working with the food. He was silent for a moment. He eventually continued making the meatballs, finishing them in the pan and putting them in the oven. "It's.. It's about a few things. Mainly, Guidance," he started calmly. He turned and checked the water pot, which was starting to boil. He found the pasta and started breaking them in half. "He fused. Virgil, that's a huge deal. We don't know if we've done this before. We don't know how it could have affected other hosts. And.. what would Thomas think?"

Virgil sucked in a small breath of air and bit the inside of his cheek. The two stared at one another for a moment before Virgil looked away. "Guidance can decide that. It's his existence. He can choose to meet Thomas," he said eventually. "He can even tell him he's a fusion."

Roman frowned and bit his lip. He grabbed a jar of sauce and poured it into a warm pan. "That's the surface of this. It's been almost five thousand years, hasn't it?" he asked. "I'd think it's time to-"

"Don't even say it!" Virgil said. He had jumped from the counter and was now holding Roman's shoulder's with a painful grip. "We're not telling him. End of story. End of discussion. What do you want to talk about?"

Roman winced and pushed Virgil's arms off. "Hey. We can't keep it secret for all eternity," Roman protested. He looked back at the stove and turned away, stirring the sauce without real need. "Thomas should know. They all should have known."

Virgil crossed his arms and leaned on the table. "None of them should have known," he spat. "I've kept it this way for almost twenty-five years. I'm not letting it go now."

"Twenty-five years is absolutely nothing," Roman argued. "You really think in thousands of years-"

"That doesn't matter!" Virgil said rather loudly. "What matters is the here and now. What matters is Thomas. It has to be about Thomas. Think of Thomas!"

Roman sighed and glared over his shoulder. "I am thinking of Thomas!" he snapped. "I want to do what's best for him. What's best is telling him the truth."

"What's best is keeping him away from that!" Virgil countered. "It's too dangerous! That knowledge could hurt him in so many ways."

Roman huffed and shook his head. "And lying won't hurt him?" he asked. "We made him a part of this. We chose to pull him into this."

Virgil shook his head, uncrossing his arms and growing them to either side. "I swore an oath to protect him!"

"We all swore that oath, Virgil!" Roman shouted. "We all promised we'd put him first and foremost. If he just knew what he is-"

"And find out his life has been a lie?!" Virgil exclaimed. "Find out his existence was rigged? To find out that he's not even human?! Oh, I'm sure he'll take that so well!" The man moved to be next to the stove so Roman could see him. "He'll trust us after that! He'll trust himself. He won't question everything he knows. He'll be just fine! Peachy and perfect!"