Chapter Thirteen: The Lonely Angel and The Beautiful Mystery

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

Reinette ran past us, ducking into the ship.

"No, Reinette!" I called, following after her. 

"No, you can't go in there, the Doctor will go mad!" We followed her inside and watched as she stared around the high-tech corridor in shock.

"So this is his world?" She asked. Suddenly, the sounds of screaming came echoing down the hall. She turned to face us. "What was that?"

"The time window," Mickey answered, "The Doctor fixed an audio link."

"Those screams. Is that my future?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Rose told her.

"Then I must take the slower path." I stepped forward, grabbing her hand.

"We will be right behind you, I promise." I said, squeezing lightly. "I swear to you, we will protect you. We did it when you were a little girl, and we'll do it now-"

She cut me off, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me into a hug, and I suddenly rememberd only hours earlier when I had sat in her bed and wrapped my arms around her as a trembling little girl.

"Are you there?" Her voice called from somewhere else, "Can you hear me?  I need you now, you promised. The clock on the mantel is broken! It is time!" 

She pulled away from me, looking in the direction of the voice.

"That's my voice." She said tearfully.

"Girls, come on, we've got to go, th-there's a problem!" Mickey prompted.

"Give me a moment." He ran off and Rose stepped up beside me, looking at Reinette.  "You ok?"

"No," She said, shaking her head, "I am very afraid. But you and I both know, don't we Rose...The Doctor is worth the monsters."

I smiled sadly, putting a hand on her face. She placed hers over it, leaning against it for a long moment before stepping back through the tapestry. I sighed, turning to face Rose.

"Is he?" I asked, causing her to meet my eyes. "Is he worth the Monsters?"

"I think soo, yeah." She said. I nodded.

"And what if I am one?" I questioned. "I mean, what does that mean for me? If the Doctor always stops the monsters, then-"

"Hey," She put her hand son my shoulders, cutting me off, "The Doctor always gives them a chance to change first. You haven't done anything wrong, and...to be completely honest, I have a hard time believing that you could be a monster." I smiled, placing my hand over hers. "Now come on."

We took off running in the direction Mickey had gone. We ran down the hallway, coming into a room with another set of monitors and a large window, displaying a ballroom full of screaming people.

"You've found it then?" Rose asked.

"They knew we were coming, they've blocked it off." The Doctor answered, running around and fiddling with he monitors."

"I don't get it, how come they got in there?"

"They teleported; you saw them. As long as the ship and the ballroom are linked, their short range teleports will do the trick."

"Then we'll go in the TARDIS!"

"We can't use the TARDIS, we're part of events now."

"Well, can't we just smash through?" Mickey asked.

"Hyperplex this side, plate glass the other. We'd need a truck!"

"Or a horse." I said, looking at him. He paused, turning to look at me. I shrugged with a silent suggestion.

The Lost Time Lord (A Doctor Who/Tenth Doctor Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें