Part Twenty-Nine

"No fusses. You will come with me or they all die. Do you know how it feels? Your body scorched, you're basically in a coma for two years," his hands gripped your arms tightly as you tried to stay upright, trying to focus on his words.

"Jay, please-"

"You have one week," he said.

In one week, you were supposed to move with Derek and everyone.

"We can go our separate ways, I won't bother you, you can leave me alone," you knew nothing you could say would help your position.

You were injured, beaten up, fighting for your life.

"You come with me or I kill Derek. I can see in your head, I know what you're thinking..."

Your vision was blurry as you woke up in the bed, putting your hands on your head.

It was some hospital of some sort, you could hear the machinery beeping as you jumped slightly, remembering the previous events.

Jay

Derek

Is Derek okay?

You sat up, feeling your ribs aching as you tried to push yourself out of bed, feeling your body unable to move.

"(Y/N)," you heard Derek from across the room as he stood at your door.

Tears filled his eyes as he ran to you, wrapping his arms around you.

You noticed a scar on his eye, slightly confused.

"Why aren't you healing?" you immediately asked.

"My injuries weren't as bad, compared to yours. I'm doing everything in my power not to heal myself until we leave here, or else they'll know," he explained.

"How does that even work?"

"It doesn't matter. All you need to know is Zach is pissed," Derek started.

"Why? What happened?"

"Before I woke up, the hospital gave Zach all our personal belongings. He got your phone, there were a bunch of messages and he was about to turn off your phone... he saw a message. He knows about your hunts," you took a deep breath, shaking your head.

"Where is he?" you asked softly.

You heard him clear his throat, leaning against the doorframe.

"Derek, Laura's looking for you," Zach said.

He kept his eyes on you while you felt slightly uncomfortable.

"I can see her later, I'm sure she'll understand-"

"Derek, just go," you replied.

He looked between you and Zach before nodding his head, leaning the room.

"Was anyone following you?" he started.

He can't know

"No-"

"Essentially, you and Derek were safe?" he asked.

"Yeah," you nodded softly.

"Do you know how many times I've told you to wait until you were old enough?" he started.

"We had a deal, (Y/N). No hunts until you were 18," he walked forward to you.

"The side effects, all this paranoia that hunters deal with-" you felt your eyes water slightly as you scoffed.