Part Twenty

"We can't have him here once Zach comes home! You saw his ID, you saw his address, why can't we take him home?" Derek walked around the house anxiously, while you kept your gaze on the man who was laying on the couch.

"I'm not a dick, why would I just leave him like that?"

"You're not a dick? What, you just became a decent human being overnight?" Derek scoffed.

He said down next to you, while you leaned on your hands, resting your elbows on your knees.

"Hey, just because I'm not decent to you doesn't make me a dick," you scoffed.

"Okay, we're getting off-topic. What are we gonna do?" Derek asked.

"Well, if he doesn't wake up in..." your eyes traveled to your watch, looking at the time.

"23 seconds, I'll wake him up. Then, we have a little chit-chat and whatnot. I'll send him on his way after that," you said, looking back at Derek.

"Why 23 seconds?"

"Cuz in 23 seconds it'll be exactly 7 hours since he crashed," you shrugged.

Derek shook his head, before resting his head on your shoulder.

"You're insane," you smirked softly before looking at your watch once more.

"Hey, Alaric," you shook him gently, watching him jump up before groaning in pain.

"Good to have you back with us," you said.

"Who are you? Where am I?" you saw him reach into his pocket, realizing he was looking for his gun, which you confiscated earlier.

"Well, I'm (Y/N), this is Derek, we both just saved your life with our friends, and you are currently at the place we live. Kinda didn't want you to bleed out," you shrugged.

You saw his eyes dart anxiously between you and Derek.

Derek gave him a small smile.

"Hi," he waved softly.

"Why do you make everything awkward?" you muttered.

"Oh, shut up," he scoffed.

"Why did you bring me back here?" he asked.

"Did you hit your head that hard when you fell? I told you, you were bleeding out," you raised an eyebrow.

"What happened to your other friends?" he asked.

"They left hours ago," you replied.

"How old are you?" you asked him, hearing him ask the same thing.

"I asked first," he said.

"I just saved your life," you argued.

"I'm thirty," you held back a laugh, clearing your throat, instantly receiving a glare from Derek.

He elbowed you harshly, getting a confused look from Alaric.

"How is that funny?" he whisper-yelled.

"No offense, but you're a pretty shitty hunter for a 30-year-old," Derek groaned, running his fingers through his hair.

"How old are you two?" he asked again, this time less tense and madder.

"17," you replied.

"You're young," he replied, softening slightly.

"No, you're just ancient," you said.

"Isn't Zach almost 45," Derek replied.

"Why are you a hunter at 17?"

"Why are you a shitty hunter at 30?"