Chapter 12 - The Alchemist

Start from the beginning

"We know, but we've been doing good with our new jobs and should be able to cover it!" Alexa speaks up, smiling some as her tail swayed behind her.

"That's great to hear! Glad to know you guys are doing well." He says, placing a hand on Tommy's shoulder.

~~~~

They talk for a bit before he starts getting everything he needs for the potions together.

"Since you guys need the bigger bottles, it's going to take a little longer for the potions to brew. But I should be able to get them to you this weekend." He explains, all of them nodding at the information. At some point he has to keep Tubbo from accidentally knocking over Harming potions while he and Tommy were play fighting. One bottle actually fell off the shelf, thankfully Ranboo teleported over in time to catch it before it hit the ground.

They all just had a lot of fun talking for a bit before they decided to get home and rest, thankfully the Heroes we're no longer patrolling at this hour, so the streets were clear enough to walk most of the way home.

•~~•

Dark, damp and cold...

That's all that could be felt in this-.. place?

Was this anywhere they knew?

Somewheres they've been before?

Somewhere they'll be one day?

Who knows at this point, they just want to be anywhere but where they are right now.

There was a shuffle, then a bang,and a deafeningly loud scream and he moved to curl in himself in fear.

'Wait.. I know that scream..!' He thought, frantically moving his arms around to find all the bodies that were supposed to be in this pile they used for warmth.

Moving his arm out and to the right he felt velvety smooth feathers, 'There's Tommy..'

Moving his arm a little lower and to the left some, he felt a horn- two horns, one being broken, 'There's Mark..'

Moving his arm up a bit and in-between the two of them, he got nothing but empty air.

'Where is Alexa?!'

There was another scream, and then silence...

And that's where he heard it, that cackle.

That godsforaken cackle.

And then came the laugh.

The scream-like laugh that he could only tie to one person in his life, his father.

And the thought of his father brought about two feelings.

Anger, and an overwhelming sense of fear.

Soon enough, he felt himself falling.