Part 4 - Flowers from Donna!

The traveller arrived back in Monstadt quickly, and headed to the florist to get some flowers. However, night had fallen not long after the traveller got back, so Flora was not there.

The traveller looked up to see Donna standing there. "Donna! Where's that little kid? I need flowers urgently!"

Donna stopped daydreaming about a certain redhead and snapped back to reality. "Oh! She's not here right now... she'll be here tomorrow morning though!" She said shyly.

"Well... I want them now. Can't you sell them to me and just tell her when she gets back?" The traveller was getting annoyed.

"Well... I don't own the shop... Flora does..."

"Are you really going to work all your life under a child a decade younger than you? Really Donna? Or are you waiting for your knight in shining armour to come save you from your mundane life? It's not going to happen Donna, especially with hair like that!" The traveller yelled.

Donna started bawling her eyes out, drawing the attention of people passing by. Before they can ask what was wrong, the traveller picked some cecelias and swiftly left.

After getting away, Paimon confronted the traveller.

"Traveller what the fuck what that about?!" Paimon screamed.

"Sorry about that. I have a lot of pent up rage up in here." The traveller replied, pointing to their head. Just as Paimon was about to say something back, someone approached them.

"Traveller. I brought the casket just like you asked."

The traveller turns to Xiao, standing battered and bruised, carrying the casket, which was barely being held together.

"Xiao... did you... walk? All the way from Liyue...?" Paimon asked, concerned.

"Yes. It was too risky to teleport as the casket might break." Xiao replied.

"Is that blood pouring out your head?! Are you okay?!" Paimon screamed.

"Oh this? I'm fine. A piece of the casket randomly split off and got lodged in my skull. It is nothing compared to the demons I have to fight everyday." Xiao casually said.

"...right. Thanks Xiao. Will you be attending the funeral?" The traveller said, trying to ignore the copious amount of blood pouring from Xiao's head.

"Yes. I'm going to leave now before I die of blood loss." Xiao quickly teleported away.

"Well... what now?" Paimon asked.

"We need someone to play music at the funeral. Come on, let's go!" The traveller runs off to continue their shenanigans.

***

Kaeya walked up to Donna, who was back to daydreaming about Diluc again.

"Oh Diluc... you would have defended me against the honorary knight wouldn't you?" She sighed.

"Diluc?" Kaeya asked.

Donna screamed. "Oh it's just you Kaeya. Don't scare me like that! What do you need?"

Kaeya crossed his arms. "I heard something happened between you and the traveller." He said thoughtfully. "What happened?"

Donna explained what happened to Kaeya.

"I see... that indeed is suspicious..." Kaeya said deep in thought. "This is a clear sign of a murderer! I need to investigate further..."

Kaeya walked away, thinking about the situation. What motive could the traveller have in murdering an innocent bard? Well, not exactly innocent. I remember him stealing a bottle of wine when Diluc wasn't looking. Kaeya then had an actual intelligent thought. What if the traveller was inacting justice, just like the darknight hero? They see this as justice?

Now all Kaeya needed to do was gather more evidence to support his theory and confront the traveller.

To be continued...