[27] Break This Down

Start from the beginning

"We made a decision... to close the barrier forever." Dizzy and the Smee twins share looks with each other before looking back up at Mal. "And it was my idea. But it's wrong." I smile and nod in agreement. Evie has the same expression as I do.

I think all the VKs are glad that Mal finally came to her senses. "I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything," she says with tears in her eyes and chuckles sadly. "You never know where the bad is gonna come from."

I nod again. "And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone." I smile, feeling proud of the way we were all able to come together in the end no matter what had been done or said. Ignoring all the bad blood we worked together and Auradon was saved.

"And without Hades... my father..." Ben gazes at Mal with pride as gasps rise up from the crowd. She was already the daughter of the dark fairy now she's the daughter of an evil God. It must have been tough for her to tell everyone like this.

"... Audrey would be gone." Tears fill the AK's eyes and she looks down at the ground before looking at the others around her, giving a sad smile. "We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from."

Jay, Evie, and Carlos all smile happily as Mal turns back toward Ben. "That's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle too. And it's time that we take the barrier down forever." I gasp and there is no way to describe the joy that fills me at those words.

"We can't do that."

"It's up to us, Dad," Ben says and I nod walking over to them. Mal looks at me and I give her a smile which she returns. Ben turns toward the crowd and places his hand on Mal's back. "I choose to be a King who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness." He looks over at our parents before turning back to the crowd.

"It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

"Yes!" Carlos shouts loudly in his excitement before cheering making everyone around him chuckle. "Bring it down, Mal." She cups his face and smiles happily up at him. Everyone begins clapping and cheering as I try to contain my excitement. Mal gestures her friends to come up to stand with her.

They race up the stairs and joins us at the balcony. Fairy Godmother comes over and hands the wand to Mal with a smile. She takes it and looks down at it. "Actually..." We stare at her in confusion until she turns and holds the wand out towards me. "Why don't you do the honors, Princess Rosabella."

I ignore the looks the VKs and probably the AKs are sharing and take the wand from her, taking a deep breath. No more secrets and no more keeping things in. We turn to look out at the Isle and Evie takes Carlos' hand. "To make the world a better place..."

"We have to do it face to face," We all say together and I raise the wand up as it begins to glow and point it towards the Isle. Light shoots from it and soars toward the Isle hitting the barrier, causing it to shatter. Tears of joy fill my eyes as I watch it come down and the cloud always hovering over the island disappears.

Cheers and applause erupt from everyone as the bridge begins to appear, connecting Auradon to the Isle. Mal chuckles and I grin, having waited for this moment for what feels like my entire life. All those kids... they're free. Their better life starts now.