[11] Scarred Mind And Body

☠️Harry☠️

I look down at the princess in my arms, still in the crow's nest with the night sky above us. Even though a stormy cloud usually hangs over the Isle from the crow's nest its easy to see the sky beyond it. Her eyes are closed and I know she's beginning to doze off and as much as I don't want to disturb her I know we couldn't sleep here.

As the night stretches on the temperature will drop and I can't have my little vixen be freezing. "Rosa," I whisper to her and she makes a noise to show she heard. "Come on, love, we can't sleep here."

"Okay," she murmurs sleepily and I find it to be extremely adorable. What did I do to deserve this girl? Whenever I'm around her I can't contain my happiness or the need to hold onto her and never let go. It kills me every time I have to watch her go back over that bridge.

But I understand that Bore-adon is her home and that it's where she belongs. Besides, she definitely doesn't deserve to live in the slums we call home freak home. She pulls away from me and rubs at her tired eyes. I climb down first and wait for the sleepy princess, ready to catch her if she slipped.

We head below deck and into my room. I take off my sleeveless leather coat, tossing it across my room where it lands on my wooden chest. I do the same with my hat, hook, and boots. I unbuckle my skull belt and slide it free from my pant loops, setting it down alongside my hook and hat.

"Harry?" I look up from my side of the bed at the enchanting girl who's looking a tad bit shy. I love how even after all this time we've spent together she can still be timid. "Yes, princess?"

"Can I borrow a shirt to sleep in?" I can't help smirking and give her a nod, I wasn't planning on sleeping in mine anyway. Besides like I said last time, I like when she wears my clothes, I don't know why, but I do. I pull my shredded sleeveless hooded shirt over my head and once it's free I toss it to her.

I lower myself into bed, careful to make sure my back stays facing away from her when suddenly she blows out the lantern, which is the only source of light for my cabin. I make a noise of protest and she chuckles in response. "I'm tired and I don't need you getting riled up, okay."

I heard her shuffling in the darkness and chuckle with amusement, imagining her curves in my minds eye. "You're forgetting that I've seen it before. I don't need to now to invision it."

"Later, Harry. Sleep time." A few moments later and she's crawling into bed beside me. I roll onto my side as she snuggles into my chest making me smile. I have one arm under my head and the other I wrap around my princess. I realize that she had pulled the hood of my shirt over her head and laugh as I imagine how it looks.

"What?"

"Nothin, duckling, just go ta sleep." She slips her arm over my waist and I listen to her breathing as it gradually gets slower and slower until I'm sure she's sound asleep. I'm not usually a sleeper, but when she's with me I'm almost relaxed enough to try even though I don't want to. There's a reason I moved into this cabin as soon as I was physically able.

But I quickly discovered that even when he wasn't around he still haunted me, abused me. Even though he's older now and I was able to claim what was rightfully mine, what he no longer deserved to hold, there's still a part of me, the child, that is still cowering in the shadow of his father.

I look down at where I could hear her gentle breathing my eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness, but only a tad. I blindly bring my hand up and gently trail my fingers down her cheek, imagining her peaceful face as she sleeps. Though I had grown up with siblings, things are different on the Isle, and I don't really know what love feels like.