Unexpected

Ro P.O.V.

My cell phone rang for the sixth time. Now this is starting to get annoying. I looked down at the screen as if I didn't know who was calling. I recognized the number, of course. I rolled my eyes. Then I went downstairs to get something to drink.

I walked into the kitchen and walked over to the fridge. Then I opened the refrigerator door and spotted the punch. I grabbed the 2-liter out of the fridge and sat it on the table before getting a cup. I carefully poured a full cup of punch into my plastic cup, then I put the 2-liter back in the fridge.

I took a few sips of my punch, then I heard the dryer go off. I hurried and drank the rest of my beverage, then I sat my cup on the table.

I went into the laundry room and took the clothes out of the dryer. I put them in the basket. I then headed upstairs toward my room, but as soon as I reached the top of the stairs the doorbell rang. I put the clothes basket near the doorway of my room, then went downstairs. Ugh. I looked out the window and saw that it was Dallas. I knew he was going to blow up my phone, but I didn't know he was going to come by my house.

He rang the doorbell again. Honestly, I really don't feel like answering the door, but I did anyway.

I unlocked the door and let him in.

"Hey, Ro Ro." Dallas said greeting me and stepping inside.

"Hey, Dallas." I said closing the door. "What brings you by?"

"I came to check on you." He said. "You haven't been answering my calls. I called you like 6 times."

Like? No, I'm pretty sure he called 6 times.

"Yea, sorry. I've been busy." I lied.

To be honest, I was trying to avoid the whole baby-mama situation. I feel like I can blurt it out at any second, but I don't want to be mad at him all over again. I'm still somewhat upset about the whole situation, though.

"It's cool." He sat down on the couch. "Do you mind if I chill here for a while?"

"I don't know, Dallas. I have a lot of stuff to do." I said.

"I won't be in your way."

"Ok. I'm going upstairs."

"A'ight." He turned on the Tv.

I went upstairs and grabbed the laundry basket that was near my doorway. I took it in my room and placed it on my bed. I opened my closet door and grabbed some hangers. Then I started hanging things on hangers and folding clothes. I reached for a pair of socks. As soon as I grabbed them, I started folding the socks. When I finished I threw it in my drawer. I felt hands touch my waist.

I instantly jumped.

Dallas chuckled. "Did I startle you?"

"No." I jerked out of his hold.

Dallas stopped laughing and gave me a look of concern.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I continued folding the clothes. "Nothing."

"Did I do something?"

"No." I lied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Dallas. I just want to finish putting this stuff away."

"Well, do you want me to help you?"

"Thanks, but no."

Dallas stood there for a second and looked as of he was thinking hard about something.

"Maybe I should get going." He said turning around to walk out of my room.

I nodded. "Thanks for stopping by."

I stepped in front of him, left out of the room, and headed downstairs. He followed behind. I walked to the door and opened it.

I saw my mother walking towards the door. She must've just came home from work. In her hand she was holding a small bag of groceries.

"Hey, sweetie." She greeted me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi, mom." I said with a smile.

"Hello, Ms. Thomas." Dallas said to my mother.

"Hey, Dallas." She walked into the kitchen, sat the grocery bag on the counter, then came back into the living room. "Are you joining us for dinner?"

"No ma'am." He answered.

"Ro and I can't eat all of this food by ourselves. You should stay."

I looked at her. I wasn't expecting her to say that.

"Umm." Dallas looked at me. I guess I had some look on my face that gave him the correct words to say. "I have some business to take care of. Maybe another time."

"Ok." My mom nodded.

Dallas gave me a hug. "See you tomorrow at the studio, Ro. Bye, Ms. Thomas."

"Mhm." I replied.

He walked out and I closed the door.

"Come put these groceries away while I start preparing dinner." My mother ordered.

"Ok." I walked into the kitchen. "So how was work, mom?"

"It was good. I went out to lunch with some of my co-workers, and we had a great time." She answered.

"That's nice. Where did y'all go?"

"It was a new place in town."

"It's not that GyroHero place is it?" I asked.

"Gyro what?"

"That Gyro place." I answered.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I'll have to take you one day. There food is what you kids call dope."

I started cracking up.

"What's so funny?" She stopped cutting cucumbers and looked at me. "Isn't that the new word for cool?"

"Yea." I said trying to stop laughing.

"Then what's so funny?"

"Nothing." I smiled.

__________________________________________
A/N
Hey, hey, hey!

•Q: Even though Ro already knows, do y'all think Dallas is going to tell Ro about him being the father of a Brenda's child?