Question of Trust

Ro P.O.V.

I was laying on the couch with a tissue box watching "Martin." No, the show isn't making me cry, I just happen to have a slight cold.

"What do you think life would be like if you were Gina and I was Martin?" Dallas asked me.

I turned my head away from the TV. "Let me see. If I had a guy like Martin...it would be a heck of a lot more gratifying."

Dallas sighed. I looked back at the TV.

"Say go Neh Neh, go Neh Neh, go!" YoYo said from the TV.

You know I gotta participate. "Go Neh Neh, go Neh Neh, go!

"Say go LoLo, go LoLo go!" YoYo said.

"Go LoLo, Go LoLo, Go!" I shouted.

"Say Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh!" YoYo shouted to the crowd. Man I love this show.

"Oh oh oh-" I sneezed. "Achoo!"

"Bless you." Dallas said.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

"Does my baby want me to go to the store to pick you up some chicken noodle soup?" He asked me.

"It depends if I can trust you to go and come straight back." I answered.

Dallas sighed. "C'mon Ro. You can't still be mad about that."

"And why can't I?"

"That was over a month ago."

"And you're point?" I asked. "You told me you wouldn't do it again, but you lied to me, Dallas."

"It wasn't what you thought."

"Achoo!" I sneezed again.

"Bless you." He said.

I looked at him. "Listen Dallas, I know what I saw. I'm not stupid."

"You don't know what you saw."

"Excuse me?"

"What I mean is, it wasn't what it looked like."

"Look, you already said that. If I was wrong you'd be able to prove it. And even if  you can prove it, I still saw what I saw."

"You're making a big deal out of nothing."

"So my feelings are nothing to you?" I knew he didn't care.

"All I have-" Dallas stopped talking when my mother came through the front door. "Hello Mrs. Thomas."

"Hello Dallas, hello Ro." My mother said bringing in grocery bags.

"I'll help you with those." He said to my mother, walking over to her, grabbing a few bags.

I looked at him in disgust.

He helped her put the groceries.

I kept watching the show.

Dallas soon came out of the kitchen when he finished helping my mom. "I'll see tomorrow at the studio Ro."

I didn't say anything in response. So he left. I definitely forgot that he was gonna be there.