"What did he do to you?" Dad asks with a subtle growl around his words and my mother pats his hand in a calming manner. "Rosabella will tell us when she's ready. And it certainly won't happen sooner by you badgering her," Ben says firmly yet kindly and I throw him a thankful look.

In so many ways Ben has tried his hardest to protect me. I know I said some heated things when Mal told us she was closing the barrier forever, but none of them were true. At least not when I was basically throwing blame on him. It's not Ben's fault that he didn't figure out what Jason was doing to me.

It's not like he can read minds and I always made sure to hide anything that could give him an idea about what I went through daily. Ben shouldn't have magically figured it out and put a stop to it. I should have told him what was going on. No one knew what was going on because I wouldn't tell them.

If anyone noticed anything I'd immediately come up with an excuse to throw them off track. If my mother or father felt how bony I was under my clothes I'd just tell them I was trying a weird diet. They'd always say that I didn't need to do something like that because I was beautiful just the way I am. They'd then request that I try to eat something filling before going about there day.

If a loud voice or someone snuck up on me without me realizing it and made me flinch I'd just say they surprised me or that my stomach was upset. I shouldn't blame people for not realizing what was going on when I made sure no one could. My parents and my brother aren't to blame. I am.

"I appreciate the back up Ben but it isn't necessary." He looks at me in concern and sets his tea down. "Are you sure?"

"I am. As long as this sharing goes both ways," I say and give my parents a look making their eyes widen. "What could you possible want to know from us? We have nothing to hide."

"How about me getting sick just after I was born?" Their eyes widen again and they share looks with each other. "That's not a secret," Mom says and Dad nods. "It's not something we were trying to hide from you it just never came up."

"Well, I'm bringing it up now. If I tell you about Jason then you tell me about what Grandmother did to save my life."

"Grandmother? She hasn't come around for years," Ben says with confusion, but I keep my eyes on our parents. "Well? Do we have an agreement?"

"We should have told you a long time ago. Yes, we will tell you whatever you want to know, sweetheart."

"Good." I take a deep breath before beginning to tell the sob story that was my life freshman year. I didn't hold anything back or leave out any part. I laid it all out for them. Some parts were harder than others and with Dad and Ben getting pretty upset at some points it was hard to calm them down enough before continuing.

But eventually I made it to the end where after Evie and Jay saved me they kept him away from me. Then he broke up with me and he and his family moved away. I stare down into my tea cup after finishing my tale. "Oh, sweetie," Mom whispers and reaches across the tale to places her hand over mine.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Dad asks gently and I shrug. "I didn't know how. I was fifteen. I was scared. I just wanted to suppress it and move on. But that's a little easier said than done."

"Rosa..." I look up at Ben who's eyes are filled with sadness. "I'm so... so sorry. I should have realized-"

"No. He fooled everyone. You were so busy preparing to be king that it would have been almost impossible for you to notice."

"Don't make excuses for me, Rosa. At the very least I should have seen how my own sister was suffering so badly. You are the one person I never wanted to be too busy for. I let you down." I shake my head and wrap my arms around him. He returns the embrace and holds me tightly.