[26] Getting Some Answers

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I look up at the moon shining brightly in the sky. My phone dings letting me know I have a message. I look back at the screen and see it was from Lonnie. She's in Northern Wei visiting her parents. I tap on it and a video starts playing. It looks like Lonnie is near the Imperial Palace.

"Hey, girl! I heard what happened in Auradon. I'm bummed I wasn't there for you, but I'm glad you're alright and everything is back to normal." She sits down and brings the phone closer to her face giving the camera a very serious look.

"You know I love you and as one of your best friends I am obligated to ask how you are and you as one of my best friends are obligated to answer truthfully. So, send me an update video, okay? Are you okay? Eating enough? And do you miss me?" I chuckle in amusement as she laughs, smiling happily.

"That parts just for fun. Okay, love ya and respond soon. Bye!" She waves at the camera and the video ends there. I open my camera and hold it up to get my face in frame before tapping the record button and begin my response. "Hi, Lonnie! It's good to hear from you! And yes everything is back to normal, but I'm not so sure that's a good thing."

I shake my head and give the camera a smile. "Anyway, I have missed you a lot especially since Jordan had to go away with her family around the same time as you did. As for eating well, yes I've been eating proper meals, no need to worry about me slipping into old habits. As for if I'm doing okay..." I trail off and decide for once to be truthful.

Whenever someone asks if I'm okay I just say yes so they don't hammer me with questions. I love that my friends worry, I do, it's just sometimes I'm not okay and sometimes there isn't even a reason for it. So if there isn't one my friends can't really help.

"I'm not really doing well. I don't want to bum you out when you're visiting your parents, but I've been a little down lately. The whole sleeping curse thing and losing Harry has been quite draining. It's just gonna take me some time to be okay again. Don't worry about me too much. I'll be alright. I always get back up, right? Anyway, enjoy your trip. Love you, Lonnie."

I end the video and then send it to her. Knocking on my door catches my attention. "Yeah?" It opens and Ben comes in giving me a small smile. "Hey, Rosabella. Dinner is ready. Mom sent me to get you." I nod and get up and follow him out, Briar padding along beside me.

"You okay?"

"No, Ben. I'm far from okay," I say deciding that from now on instead of trying to be a people pleaser I should just be myself. If I'm not okay I'll say so and vice versa. If I can do it when I'm angry or happy then why not when I'm upset. "Is there anything I can do?"

"No, there's not." I slip my phone into my pocket and we walk in silence for the rest of the time until we finally reach the dining room. Our parents smile upon our entrance and I sit down next to Ben who is sitting diagonally across from our mother who has our father beside her.

I begin plating my food as Briar lays down at my feet under the table. I take a drink from my tea cup and it seems Mrs. Potts has outdone herself yet again. "Everything to your liking, your Majesties?" Cogsworth asks always nervous about doing a great job. "Everything is perfect, Cogsworth. Please, go get some rest."

He bows in our direction before leaving the room. Once again we fall into an awkward silence where nothing can be heard, but the utensils hitting the plate. "Rosabella?" I pause in my eating and look over at my mother. I internally prepare myself for what she's going to say as I set my fork down.

"Yes, Mother?"

"Please, it's been days since Audrey was woken from her sleep. When will you tell us about what you meant about Jason Rose?"