Pip said with irritation, "I'm feeling very hot and sweating all day. I have to do homework when I already know all this. Why would I not be angry?"

Heart cupped his face, "If you don't tell me what you're angry about, we can't solve anything. Tell me what's actually bothering you."

Pip's shoulders slumped and he thought hard for a second. When he finally opened his mouth, he hesitated, "I think it's okay that I'm sweaty since everyone else was also sweaty. Winter will be here soon and I won't be sweaty anymore."

Heart nodded encouragingly, "That's right."

"You are very considerate, Pip." Azriel remake proudly. "I would not be thinking about what other people are feeling if I was sweaty all the time."

"I know, shadow man." Pip said, voice laced with sass. "I'm better than you."

Azriel snorted, "Sure."

Pip continued, "And I should do the homework because I need to keep revising everything to not forget it."

"Excellent." Heart said. "See? Now it's easier to see what might made you angry. Keep going."

Pip tapped his chin for a minute before exclaiming, "Kaden said that his father is going to take him to a different city!"

"Oh, mother above..." Heart sighed. "That's what you've been mad about."

Pip, finally having figured it out, nodded. "I hate that. What if he never come back?"

"He will, Pip." Azriel assured him. "Maybe they are going for a vacation. Like we do."

"But when we go for vacations, I know we are coming back. So, when Kaden is going on a vacation, he must also know." He insisted.

"Maybe he forgot to mention that." Az shrugged. "He's a kid just like you. Kids forget things."

Pip considered that for a second, "Well, he did give me his favourite hat. So, if he starts living in the city, I can find him."

"Sure. I'll help you." His father encouraged him while pushing a plate of food towards him. "Eat, now. The food is getting cold."

Pip dug into the food but looked very lost. Heart and Azriel exchanged glances. Eventually, Heart suggested, "Maybe you should go see him off when he leaves so you know which city he is going to. I'll go with you."

He nodded eagerly, "Thanks, mum."

Heart patted his head, "Anything for you, sweetheart."

A new worry about his abandoned toys overcame Pip and he rushed out with his little yellow plate in his hand. Heart called after him, telling him to eat at the table but he was already too far to hear her.

Azriel blinked slowly, "Children sure do have a lot to worry about."

Heart snorted, "He over-thinks. He doesn't have many friends so it's only natural for him to worry about those that he does have."

He nodded in understanding, "I'll keep a track of his friend."

"You are not going put your spies over a six year old, Azriel." Heart chided. "That's ridiculous."

"I'm just doing it for Pip's happiness." He said defensively.

"No." She said firmly and he relented.

After they were done eating, Heart sat cross legged in a chair as Azriel washed the dishes.

He said over his shoulder, "How were the classes today?"

"They were fine." She shrugged. "But I'm slightly tired for some reason."

Azriel hummed before saying, "Maybe because you are always up till midnight working on something or the other."

She clicked her tongue, "I'll try sleeping more tonight. The summer doesn't suit me either."

Azriel set the dishes aside and swept her off the chair in one smooth motion. "Well, how about a nap?"

"Right now? No." Heart whined. "I promise I'll sleep early." She dramatically tried holding on the railings as Azriel carried her upstairs to their bedroom.

"Somehow, I don't trust you." He put her on the bed. "It might be because you never keep that promise."

Heart groaned, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."

"No." Azriel wrapped the blanket around her. "You will sleep now. I'll wake you up at dinnertime."

Heart searched for an excuse, "Pip's dog-"

"I'll draw that. And I'll take him on a walk." He tucked her with a kiss on her forehead. Heart glared at him but was too tired to resist the softness of her bed. Her eyes closed quickly as, in the distance, she heard Pip's excited voice over the even sound of her mate speaking to him in a low voice.