Chapter 20: The Calamity

They were more aggravated than normal.

The ripples reflecting their anger, rapidly appearing in the fixed sea of the Galaxy.

White light flashed before fading to show a series of visions.

A comet.

Destroying the floating torii gate and the urban areas around it.

Blood. Blood spilling everywhere. From strangers to the people he recognises.

It's not too late. Make a wish, a wish to come back to us.

"Iori!!"

Riku shot up from his hospitable bed, instantly regretting the moment he did as his head throbbed vigorously after.

The visions were too clear.

He saw everything.

The people who he didn't know, trapped in collapsed buildings. Flooding happened on the edge of Hatsukaichi. Riku saw his own brother and Gaku under the debris, Gaku's hand over Tenn's head as if trying to protect him, but in the end, they were still dead.

He saw Iori. At the floating torii gate where the comet came straight down towards it, Iori was there. From how Iori called out his name, he must've been there too. There wasn't any blood when the comet hit them, only the feeling of heat, seeing the blinding light and then nothing.

They all died.

People from Itsukushima and the people from the edge of Hatsukaichi.

The only good thing about having that vivid vision was the fact he knew what and where the calamity would be.

*******

Mind clearing up after the recent dream, Riku remembered that it was supposed to be the day where he can leave the hospital and go stay at the hotel with Iori to figure things out. Whilst they would stay at Itsukushima, Tenn would go back to Tokyo and inform everyone about everything, telling them to also keep an eye out in Tokyo for anything unusual.

It would seem as though their plan might change now that he knows what the calamity is and it'll only affect Itsukushima and the edge of Hatsukaichi.

Iori and Tenn arrived shortly after he woke up, ready to leave with him out of the hospital.

Before they did however, Riku spoke of what he saw.

"In conclusion, you're telling me we're all going to die?" It was Tenn who spoke first when Riku finished what he'd wanted to say, he continued when Riku nodded at his question. "You seem more relaxed even though you saw all of our deaths from that vision, I wouldn't be able to calm myself if I were to see you get hurt."

Riku sat on the bed facing Iori and Tenn with a placid expression, already back in his casual clothes instead of the hospital gowns. "Trust me, Tenn-nii, my whole body is still trembling and honestly, if the Gods say I can come back by wishing and stop the calamity I would."

He saw the way Iori's eyes widened and posture becoming tense at the corner of his eye, his mouth opening like he was about to protest, but Riku carried on before Iori could say anything.

"But, I know Iori and you want me to stay so I will. That's why I don't have time to panic to myself or forever be traumatized from seeing your deaths. I need to hurry and evacuate everyone from here since I don't even know when the calamity will happen."

Iori's posture visibly softened and sighed in relief, "Well since it's a comet, there should be news about when a comet will hit or be seen. It shouldn't take a day for a comet to hit so we'll have enough time to prepare before the comet will actually hit."