Chapter 21: Their Future

~2 months later~

"The construction and rebuilding of Itsukushima and Hatsukaichi is still ongoing after the unexpected comet that struck Itsukushima; however, thanks to the aid that Northmarea as well as other charities and CEO Sousuke Yaotome had provided, the rebuilding will be done around January.

For unknown reasons, there were no casualties whatsoever because of how Soushi Osaka had evacuated everyone before the comet struck, providing temporary shelter and supplies for everyone. We had interviewed him just now, and his answer was that he'd predicted it might hit Itsukushima for it seemed too close and looked like it'll hit Itsukushima.

And now, we will be moving onto the weather and it looks like it will be snowing soon with Christmas almost coming..."

The news on the TV carried on with the next segment about the weather as background noises when Gaku turned his attention from the TV back to Tenn who was sitting at the table, typing up his assignment.

"So it seems like Soushi Osaka is not even going to tell them about how it was actually Riku and Iori who'd told him about it. Of course, that guy reminds me of my old man and he would probably do the exact same thing." Gaku scoffed, placing one side of his cheek on the palm of his hand and staring at Tenn's skillful typing skills.

They were both sitting next to each other as Tenn sat in front of the table with his laptop on top whilst Gaku sat with a clear view of the TV.

Too focused on his work, Tenn didn't spare a look at Gaku and replied with, "It's fine. I don't think Riku and Iori would mind, most likely they wouldn't want anyone to know it was actually them."

"Hmm, fair point. When will they come back? You said that your brother is going on an apprenticeship and earning money that way when he comes back, what is he working as? I hope it's nothing business related, I can tell him it'll be like working in hell." Gaku shuddered at the thought of doing a job regarding business.

Since his father is a CEO, Gaku remembered the two main feelings he had from childhood: the feeling of loneliness as his father and mother were divorced and the feeling of mental pain from being forced to learn all about business from his father.

Because of the forced learning of business from an early age by his father and unable to go see his mum's side of the family because of his father, Gaku and his father's relationship never progressed into something loving.

Tenn mostly knew everything about Gaku and vice versa therefore, he understood what Gaku meant by "working in hell" but didn't press on. "He isn't so please don't discourage Riku about anything, he's working in the medical sector with someone that is a friend of someone who Riku had helped out when he had his ability."

"Your brother sure has a lot of connections with a lot of people. Oh, like that friend of his who's a Prince of Northmarea and helped out with paying for the rebuilding, the news was going on about it a minute ago along with my old man helping out since I said so."

"You threatened your father that if he didn't do it, you'll leave him and go to your mum's side of the family." Tenn stated, flatly.

"Hey, it did the trick."

"Nevermind that, I need to quickly finish my assignment so that I can help out with the rebuilding at Hatsukaichi." Noticing that he'd stopped doing his assignment, Tenn promptly ended the conversation and carried on with his work.

Gaku seemed to have other plans and continued talking, waving his hand dismissively, "It's fine, Mitsuki and Yamato are already there helping out. If we go right now, by the time we get there by train it'll be late evening."