Chapter 7: His Purpose

Back outside of the shop, Iori stared idly at the whole of the shopping centre, taking it all in. Iori's first thought on the shop Riku went in was that it was plain and simple to say the least, there wasn't anything special in particular on the display window.

Whilst waiting for Riku, Iori allowed his mind to wander off, wondering why Riku wanted to go there in the first place and the reason for Riku not allowing him to come in.

Seven long minutes went by unnoticeably before Iori eventually heard footsteps coming close towards him, meaning that Riku had finished with what he was doing at the shop.

"I'm back, I hope I wasn't making you wait for too long." He said.

Iori turned his head to where Riku's voice came from, "It's alright, I wasn't waiting for too long." His eyes then moved towards the bag Riku was holding curiously, "I was just wondering why you went to that shop in the first place and why I wasn't able to come, did you want to distance yourself away from me? It's fine if you do, you have a valid reason after all."

Taken aback, Riku looked as if he was offended. "What, no! That's not it at all!" He burst out. "I was just- um. Here!" Lifting the bag he was holding, Riku shoved the bag in front of Iori unable to say anything else as his head hung low.

"Is that for me?" Iori asked, taken aback by the situation.

"Mn, It's an apology gift." Riku answered, his face still facing the ground to avoid any eye contact. "I wanted to find you and Tenn-nii something as an apology for causing trouble and especially being mad at you. I remembered that this shop sells usamimi friends things so I went in and found it, I didn't see any Roppu-chan plush in your room so I thought to get you one and I got Tenn-nii a Perro-chan keychain to put on his bag when he goes to University. But of course if you don't like it I'll get you something! Just tell me if you don't want it and I'll get you something that you will like, or I can grant you how many wishes you'd like!"

Iori froze for a moment, unsure what to say to Riku. He would've never guessed Riku was thinking about getting something for him and Tenn because he merely thought he was causing trouble for the both of them, which was untrue in Iori's case and probably Tenn's too.

He took the bag from Riku and stared at it. He'd never bought a usamimi friends' plush before due to the plush being too difficult to hide. It doesn't matter anyway, it's not like anyone goes into his room.

Iori was about to thank Riku for the plush but then, he remembered something important, "Wait a minute, so what's the reason for you to be all that depressed and start to stab that poor strawberry shortcake and not speak with Sakuranomiya-san?"

"Oh that, I was reflecting on myself about everything and then I thought of the idea to give you and Tenn-nii something as an apology. I really felt bad and I'm still very sorry Iori, I'll apologise again to Tenn-nii as well when I get back." Riku explained nonchalantly.

"......" Iori couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Are you serious?! You became all depressed and not yourself because you were only reflecting on yourself? Is there any other way you could reflect while not emitting that much negativity?"

"Hey! I wasn't that negative, I just needed to concentrate a lot more okay?!" Riku puffed out. "Geez, You're such an uncute and cheeky person!"

One of Iori's brow twitched. "That has nothing to do with what we're talking about?!"

Glaring at each other for a solid few seconds, the two laughed. Arguments and fights aren't usually the time to laugh but they were finally able to talk to each other normally now, there was no awkwardness (and negativity) from either one of them.