chapter 14 "a booze with apple juice"

jaemin's house is a huge two-storey, only a few people were invited, his close friends and some other people his parents had invited over

renjun saw jisung with a girl whom he assumed was lily, no wonder why she's jisung's type. haechan and myeong got off the car first and the six of them entered the gates together. "haechan!" "myeong, lily, jisung, jun, xinji!" "i'm very happy to see you all, come in, the rest of the guys are already inside", jaemin cooed.

the na's swimming pool glowed of different hues! how exciting! none of them were informed about the theme of the party so they all arrived in different outfits lol.

"oh! there you are kids, please enjoy the food, i'm just at the backyard if you guys need anything", sunyoung, jaemin's mother said to them.

the table was long and filled with a generous amount of food, all prepared by sunyoung, a matcha cake sat tall at the center. now that everyone the nas expected to arrive is already here, they all surrounded the birthday boy and began clapping to the rhythm of the birthday song. his friends all smiled and cheered for him to make a wish; jaemin leaned in closer to the cake and blew the candles. i wish to meet my biological family

jaemin had the first slice and the kids, technically not kids, had a toast with apple juice while the adults, clinked their wine-filled glasses. since it's saturday tomorrow, jaemin decided that for his 22nd birthday, he would throw a sleep over, a pyjama party for the crew. lily went home early because of her curfew but jisung stayed. "thank you so much jaemin! happy birthday again~ my mom is already outside waiting for me, i'll see you all next time, i enjoyed this night!" lily waved bye at jaemin and the others. jisung escorted her to the car and went back to the living room where his friends were all huddled up, starting a game of truth or dare.

haechan tossed a small blanket towards myeong to shield her legs from the biting chill of the evening, as her dress was rather short. upon catching it, she shifted closer to xinji, deliberately avoiding eye contact with haechan and refraining from expressing gratitude. she believes that what had happened earlier was all a mistake and shouldn't have happened in the first place.

the nine of them formed a circle, donghyun wasn't around like he had told them earlier this week beforehand. all eyes on the empty bottle of soju like it was the hands of a ticking clock. myeong joined the little game knowing very well that she's still not ready to speak in front of them incase she got truth. she readied her phone nonetheless.

haechan grew nervous with renjun's stare, that kid is definitely not up to something good.

"first spin! i'll do the honors", jaemin shouted. the green bottle did a few pirouettes and the head landed on haechan. 

"oh no", haechan muttered. 

the end pointed on renjun's direction who was sitting just across haechan. 

"truth or dare", renjun asked, a sinister smile forming on his face. payback. 

"d-dare", the boy stuttered, no, he isn't risking anything for truth. 

"okay!" "hmmm, i was thinking of daring you to spend 7 minutes in heaven with someone but since this is jaemin's house, we should probably keep it nice and pg." "sit next to myeong's side."

okay deal, haechan slid next to myeong, the others having to move around the circle to occupy the empty spot. "but the catch is, you'll have to hold her hand too for the rest of the game."

haechan's face flushed pink at the thought of holding myeong's hand.

"may i?" myeong nodded because she couldn't stand their teasing looks no more.

myeong's hand felt cold, haechan can't help but to think of silly thoughts, if by chance, myeong's a vampire. haechan clasped his hands, his slender fingers, on myeong's, providing heat, how warm. he really is the sun.

"woohoo! ambulance, firetruck, supercar, cabbage, celery~", jeno spurted nonsense seeing the view in front of him; of haechan and myeong finally holding hands. is apple juice able to get someone drunk?