chapter 25

Quinn's POV

I had had a horrible day, I was stressed about everything. College, hockey, home, future, you name it, I was stressed about it. 

"Hey Jack, I brought you back a Gatorade" I heard in the background of the call. My world came crashing down yet again, but before I could finish a sentence to Jack, the phone call had ended. I would be lying if I were to say the breakup wasn't hard. She was my first true love and she was my everything. The first thing I'd think about in the morning and the last at night. I had never met a girl like her. I loved her, and I still do. I messed up and I know I will have to earn her trust back. I tried to recall Jack back but was sent to voicemail right away. The past couple of weeks had been chaotic for me, I didn't know if I should have reached out, I didn't know if she was mad and never wanted to talk to me. I knew she wasn't speaking to Jack or Luke. She hadn't come over to the house or even walked past it. It was like we had disappeared from her. I couldn't not see her anymore, I texted Luke informing him that 'I was going to come home for the weekend and try to see her. I didn't want to trap her in anything as I knew that would make it stressful for both of us but I told him that if he could have her come over when I was almost home, that would be good.' It was Thursday so I needed to prepare to figure all of this out. I got all the school work done and did my laundry to make sure I was wearing my best to see her. 

******************************************************************************************

As I was driving home I couldn't stop thinking of her and what I was going to say. I couldn't even hear the music I was playing. As I pulled up the house, I could see threw the front window.

She was standing, wearing a navy blue long sleeve that hugged all her curves and black leggings that made her butt look good. She looked good, amazing even. Her face looked brighter and her demeanor was different. It had only been a month or so and I felt like she was a different person. 

"Hey," I said, I saw her face drop and her body tenses up, still not facing me. Maybe this wasn't as good of an idea thanas I thought it was. 

Hey! I am back and on a regular posting schedule, sorry about not updating on Friday, it was very busy. I would like to inform you that I did buy my first-ever hockey jersey and of course, it was a Quinn Hughes jersey because who else would I buy! I am very excited to show it off and show my support for my love! I am wearing it to a frat party and I swear if it gets ruined I will cry. Be on the lookout for two more updates this week as I am wanting to get as far as I can on this book, I do not want to be stressing on finals week in May. 

xoxo,

missjennagrace

You're not alone! Please seek help if needed.

Information about domestic abuse.

Call: 1-800-799-safe (7233)

or TTY 1-800-787-3244

Text: "START" to 88788

The National Suicide Prevention Hotline:

1-800-273-8255

If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself please reach out to a trusted friend, family, or crisis line. My messages are also always open.