Chapter 22

(18 By One Direction)

Wilbur's Pov

"Can't believe we are doing this." I muttered, standing up and leaning against the wall.

"So rude!" Daytona exclaimed, throwing her hands into the air and letting them slap down against her thighs.

"Your doctor said nothing extreme." I tried to reason as we walked out of my flat.

"I don't think what we are doing is extreme." She laughed before grabbing my hand and intertwining them.

This felt so normal. Everything felt so normal with her. I feel like myself again. I smiled at her as she eagerly walked.

"All I want is good food, then we can go back home." She spoke quickly as we walked into the carnival.

I felt my heart stop.

Home.

I've gotten my home back. I've been searching for so long, hoping that I would get my home back, and I finally did. I got her back.

My heart was beating out of my chest as I sat there with the champagne and matches next to me.
I quickly wrote down my wish on a piece of paper like she instructed.

Home.

That's all I wanted. All I wanted was a place or person to be able to call home again.  I then folded it, and burned it in the champagne.

I drank it in one go, hating the taste of champagne on my tongue. I don't know why I hated it so much, I never used to, but I think I hate it because she hated it.

"Happy New Years!" Skylar screamed, wrapping her arms around me.

Believe Will.

That's all you need to do.

And I did.

I believed even when I felt like I wanted to give up. I did it for her, my parents, her dad, Max, Ember, Ryder, Liana, but most importantly, I did it for myself.

"You okay there? Get out of your head." She flicked my forehead and I laughed.

"What do you want to do first?"

"Bumper cars." She looked over at me with a challenging look and I shook my head.

"Your doctor-"

"I don't care what my doctor said. Time to be reckless a little."

God this girl is going to be the death of me.

We waited in line for a couple minutes and got into the cars. She was in a separate one right across from me. I feel like a kid again. I feel like that teenage boy that was so in love.

"You're going down Soot!" She shouted, loud enough for me to hear.

I laughed and shook my head.

"I'd like to see you try." I called back calmly and she laughed.

That laughter. I would never get tired of hearing that. She kept going after me, and it's safe to say that her racing skills are still there.

The way that she could calculate situations and get herself out of them quickly was amazing. She was still able to make sharp turns without them being sloppy, and overall handled this with ease.

"That was so fun!" She said with a smile on her face.

I noticed her hands shaking from what I think is adrenaline. It's been a while since she's had a rush like that. That just means she will crash harder later.  

"That was your every day. Well not with a car, with a motorcycle." I rambled and she smiled.

"When we go home can we watch some of my races?" She asked, and there was an emotion in her eyes that I couldn't quite pinpoint.

"Hell yeah. I watched all of them."

She hummed along to random songs as we walked around. We walked slowly, and I don't think she cared, but I didn't want to wear her out.

We got food and started walking back to my flat. Her smile was so angelic and she was so beautiful. She is always so beautiful.

"My legs feel like jelly." She muttered sitting down on the couch.

"I told you that it might've been too much." I panicked now, sitting down next to her.

"I'm fine, Will." She smiled, taking her jacket off,
I took her jacket and hung it up on the wrack.

I turned on the TV and started playing her races. She immediately quieted down and her attention went to the TV. I took off my jacket and shoes before going to the kitchen.

"What do you want for dinner?"I asked her from the kitchen and got no response.

I walked out of the kitchen and saw her engrossed in the race. I smiled and leaned against the door frame. Her eyes snapped to mine and her mouth opened a bit.

"I was this cool?" She asked me and I nodded.

"You are still cool."

"Not as much as this." She pointed at the TV with a sad smile.

"Dinner?" I tried to change the subject and she shook her head.

"We just ate."

I laughed and went back to the kitchen.

"That turn was sloppy Jareds what are you thinking!" I heard her scream and i laughed.

That's my girl.

848 Words