"Loosen up." My voice was hushed, quiet so I wouldn't ruin the moment I could see clouding in his cold eyes.

My long fingers massaged his broad shoulders soothingly, his eyes on me as he subconsciously licked his bottom lip.

He reacted as if human contact is new for him.

"What?" I softly asked as his eyes dulled into mine and he clenched his jaw instantly.

"Nothing." He shook his head, grabbing my hand that was on his shoulders before giving the back of my hand a peck. "I'm gonna—" I cut him off before he could get awkward.

"—Yeah, go ahead." I smiled softly, my elbow resting the back of the couch as my head rested on my fist, looking up at him with a tilted gaze.

He shut his mouth quick, licking his lips as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and with a firm nod he was off.

Now, that was easy.

See, I just gotta play him like this and it'll all work out.

"I'm heading back to my place, I can take Amara with me." Ajax offered as he spoke to Luis who was typing away on his phone but his presence lurked behind me close.

"No," He shook his head, a sigh wanting to leave my mouth but I only looked up at Ajax in defeat. "Who's going to check the safe house then?" He finally looked up, his brow slightly raised.

"Those three are going, they're staying there so Amara can go—" Ajax had pointed at the three idiots standing not too far from us but Luis was quick to cut him off.

I felt his large hand press down on my lower back; in a way to assert his possessiveness but in a subtle way. I could feel the heat that radiated from his hand, it wasn't a friendly touch.

"—Amara's coming with me." I looked at Ajax with hope in my eyes as he glanced between us with hesitation. "Any problems?" He sneered and I clenched my jaw.

"No, sir." Ajax pressed his mouth shut and I dropped my shoulders.

"Good."

"We'll be on our way, also, you have dinner with Macias tonight." Ajax reminded him and he cursed underneath his breathe, rubbing his temples.

"That's tonight?" This man really needs an assistant, Ajax is not assistant worthy.

"Yes, sir." He nodded and Luis sighed. "Eight pm." I noticed Luis was side eyeing me and I looked up at him.

"No." I sighed, shaking my head. Not this shit again.

"I'm not giving you a choice, amor." Yeah, that's been made pretty clear.

I'm walking around with a fucking hoodie on and it's boiling hot outside. I can feel the suffocating layer of sweat on my back, around my neck and the things I have to do because of this nasty bruise.

The car journey wasn't as long, I managed to keep my words to a limit when speaking with Luis. I didn't show much interest or even too little — honestly, I'm just worried about spending my days here with just him.

Sometimes he doesn't even show up for multiple nights, I don't want to be in a stranger's house alone. Especially when that stranger is Luis.

The house was beautiful — magnificent even. The cream coloured home nestled away from civilisation, the city view far in the distance as the hot sun shimmered it's beautiful rays in blue pool water.

The house — especially the pool was surrounded by a variety if greenery. This is what I liked the most, it all felt so... natural. Unlike Luis, this didn't suit him.