Miscarriage. Part 1- Haitani's

A/n: in no way is this to sexualize miscarriage or the ideas of abortion. This is simply how they'd react and help you. I don't want any discussions of whether you support it or not, as this is a sensitive subject.
•••

Ran:

When you both went to your OBGYN doctor for your 3rd check up of the month, it had been fine. Ran tagged along this time because he figured since you were relatively close to the due date, he should take more time off work. Holding your hand firmly, he opened the doors for you. All the way in, he held it as you sat down and the doctor did the routine and asked the questions.

Upon the ultrasound, everything had seemed fine..but he watched the doctor’s brows furrow in concern- but as soon as they made that face it had gone away, replaced by a smile before cleaning the gel off you. She left to go take some notes.

It wasn’t until the doctor opened the door that you froze.

“I’m sorry for your loss,”

You hadn’t registered it- not until you got home, and your hand had an almost lethal grip on Ran’s the whole drive home.

And once your foot took the first step inside, you crashed- Ran barely managing to catch you.

Still you were quiet, arms wrapped around his neck as your face hid in his chest. This was the 2nd baby.
And then,

Your shoulders shook slowly, and you took a deep breath. Hugging him tighter, you began to sob, falling to your knees, and taking him down with you.

He patted your back, rubbing soothing circles with his thumb before kissing your hair. Ran hadn’t processed it quite yet, but he was aware.

“Shh, shh…come on, my love. You gotta get up. Come on, up, up. There you go. It’s okay to cry.”

You didn’t answer, but cried till you fell asleep, head in his lap,  holding his hands to your chest.

Like a baby.

Rindou:

Rindou had been to every appointment except this one. It wasn’t until he had gotten a call from the nurse in the parking lot when he found out.

His phone rang, and he answered quickly, seeing the number- there was a small smile on his face.

“Hello? Is this Mr. Haitani?”
“Yes, this is him.”
“Oh..okay.”

There was a long pause. His rare smile fell.

“Well?”

She waited another moment, and then,

“It’s your wife- she’s gone into shock, and um-” She took a deep breath and Rindou opened his car, and got in, placing  a foot on the gas, turning the engine on, and slowly pulling into drive as he listened.

“I’m sorry for your loss.”

He hung up, tossing his phone into the backseat before speeding to the clinic.
By the time he got there, the nurse from the phone call had the door open and led the way.

Behind the door to your room, quiet cries and consolation could be heard.
In the midst of his panic and frustration, he stopped, leaning his head on the door. 

It was already a challenge to get pregnant, but after the first 3 months, it had been taken away.

Rindou opened the door, and looked at you for a long minute before opening his arms slowly, walking to you, encasing you in an embrace.
The doctor and nurse left, closing the door.

You sighed, dark circles under your eyes getting more evident with your fatigue.

After some time, you finally spoke. In a hushed whisper, you asked,

“Is it my fault?”
“It’s not your fault.”