35: loosing

Sapnap was let in to the room about 2 hours later. George had clearly been crying and was sitting up looking at a magazine they'd let him have. He looked up at sapnap and teared up again looking back down at the magazine.

Sapnap frowned and rolled himself over to him and sat right beside his bed. "What is it.?" He ask. George shook his head. "Love.. why'd you pass out.?" George hiccuped and wiped his face. "I- just- I'm sorry"

Sapnap frowned. "Why are you sorry?"
"I-i guess I overworked myself some i-i didn't mean to- but uh.." "I'm so sorry George.." George shook his head. "It's not your fault.. I should've tried to take it more easy.."

Sapnap sighed. "I guess we're gonna have to be like old people and get a care taker" He joked, well, half joked really.
George gave a dry chuckle. "Yeah.. I guess.." sapnap kissed his head. "Im just glad you aren't like.. dying or something"

George shifted. "Mhm..." "you- You aren't dying right??" George giggled. "No I'm not dying sap-" "Ok because you looked unsure-" "sap.." sapnap closed his mouth and looked at him. "Their.. not sure but.. they wanna do some tests.."

"Tests.?" He nodded. "Like? For what?"
"They know I passed out from exhaustion but.. they think there could be more to that.." sapnap frowned. "Like you could be sick or?"

"I don't know.." sapnap gulped. "Well.. im sure you'll be ok-" George held sapnaps hand and nodded. "Sapnap.. just breathe.. relax.." sapnap nodded and coughed looking away.

"You've probably already strained yourself so much over this.. you gotta calm down.." sapnap nodded. "I just- things are so crazy.." He nodded. "Yeah.. I know.." He chuckled.

A nurse came in. "Alright sweet heart we'll run some tests and you can go home tomorrow ok?" He nodded and sapnap had to leave. Sapnap was now the worried and anxious one.

The nurse finally came back and told sapnap George could see him now. An hour later. He got up and went back to the room. George again had obviously been crying. Hard.

He looked exhausted and was still sniffling. Sapnap went over and sat with him. He himself felt tired and probably overworked himself.. "George.. what happened.?" He was nervous again.

He took his hand as George started crying again. "I-i didn't even think- it was possible" He choked out. And suddenly sapnap started to feel dizzy. He coughed and rubbed George's hand.

"Hey.. it's gonna be ok.. what did they say.?" George hiccuped. "They-" He held a small square paper in his hand. "Sapnap are you ok.?" Sapnap looked dizzy.. and sick..

"I'm-" sapnap fell forward. George's teary eyes widened and he pressed the emergency call. Nurses came in and took sapnap. George sobbed. Nothing could go right..

Hours passed and a nurse came in. George was half asleep. "How is he.?" She sighed softly. "He's exhausted.. he wasn't supposed to be doing anything.. he'll have to stay longer.. if.. he doesn't get better we.. don't know how much longer he'll have.."

George's eyes widened. "Wh-what?"
She talked to him and he ask if they could move him to sapnaps room. She talked to some other people and he was able to be moved.

Now his bed was beside sapnaps.
Curtains for privacy between them but open at the moment. Sapnap was once again on an oxygen tank and looked horrible...

Sapnap.. might.. he teared up. If he didn't get better he might.. hearing he might not have that long and might not make it.. it tore George up. Sapnap couldn't die..

About another hour and sapnap woke up. But George was asleep. Sapnap groaned and sat up some. He felt... really bad.. he could hardly move.. he slumped back and breathed out of his mouth.

Honestly.. he didn't know if he could keep going.. through all of this he just.. couldn't.. he loved George... he really did.. and he hated the thought of leaving him.. but could he really keep this up.?

George opened his eyes and groaned. He looked over at sapnap and sat up. "Sap-" sapnap teared up. He felt.. bad he was ready to go.. all this pain.. worry..

George sat beside his bed and held his hand. "I-i was so worried i-" "George.." He said softly. "Love.. I love you so much.. don't forget that.. I just.. im so tired.." George froze. Sapnap wasn't- saying his last words was he? Was he giving up?

"I-i know your tired you just need to rest here a while and then you'll get better-"
George teared up. "George.. I don't know.. I'm so sorry but I don't know how much longer i.." "You can't die!"

Sapnap frowned. Both hated that word. But it was true.. sapnap could.. die..
"Please sap try and hang on I- I need you" He hiccuped.

Sapnap frowned. "Love.. I know this is hard.. I know.. it's so hard to just.. think that I'm loosing.." He frowned. "Your not loosing sap you just gotta fight some more it'll get better-"

"I.." "You have to live- sapnap-" He held up the square paper. "You have to live-" sapnap looked at the paper. "What's that.?" He ask softly. "Our baby"

Sapnap went quiet. He stared at the paper. It was from an ultrasound. The paper showed the small sort of bean looking thing. "Im- I'm gonna be a dad.?"