"Nothing to be embarrassed about love," Louis reassures.

Harry just squeals and turns his face away from Louis' and the man chuckles at the boy. They both walk the rest of the way in silence. Comfortable silence was overrated anyway.

Up ahead, Harry sees a huge crowd lined up outside a black door.

"This is it," Louis says.

"It's so crowded for a show that starts at midnight!" Harry exclaims.

"That's early for Frida," Louis says seriously.

"Wait... Is Frida a vampire?"

"She is."

"Holy..."

"She's one of the six most powerful vampires in New York. She sits on the council," Louis explains.

"What's 'The Council'?" Harry asks intrigued.

"There are six major vampire Clans in New York City. Each is ruled by a single leader, with 29 followers. Frida is one of them."

"So 30 vampires per Clan...6 Clans... 180 vampires."

"Precisely. The leaders of the Clans tend to be older vampires, vanguards in their fields," Louis explains.

"Wow... So Liam... Simon... You?"

"Yes," Louis confirms with a nod of his head.

"I think my brain is exploding," Harry says overdramatically.

"87 years ago, the six of us formed the Council, and agreed upon a pact consisting of two principles.First, that vampires are only allowed to feed off willing humans."

"Consent. Very sexy," Harry says winking and smirking at Louis who in turn chuckles.

"The second is that the creation of new vampires is strictly limited and subject to the approval of the Council."

"Why?"

"To keep the peace, preserve the secrecy of our kind, and allow us to consolidate powder behind the scenes."

"Oh my god. That's incredible," Harry says smiling.

"I suppose," Louis shrugs but smiles over at the boy.

"You suppose that a secret council of vampires running New York City is incredible?" Harry teases.

"When you put it that way," Louis smiles slightly and Harry grins triumphantly.

Louis laughs at the boy's huge grin, and Harry couldn't hold back the laugh that was bubbling in his stomach. For a moment time stopped. It was just Harry and Louis laughing in the middle of the streets of New York City laughing like two idiots.

"The show should be starting soon. Shall we go inside?" Louis asks after they had both calmed down thought you could still hear Harry lightly giggling under his breath and muttering something about Louis' sunshine smile.

"There's still, like... a massive line," Harry reminds and Louis chuckles.

"Not for us. Follow me."

As they get closer, Harry can see the waiting crowd is made up of some incredible-looking people. Club kids in outrageous outfits, fashion groupies, models that look like they just stepped off the cover of Italian, American and British Vogue.

At the door, a bouncer selectively lets in a few guests at a time. But as Harry and Louis try to follow, he steps right in front of Harry, blocking his way and glaring at him.

"Um... I'm with Louis?" Harry tries.

"Oh really?" The bouncer asks sarcastically, "Listen, sir. You look great. But I have no idea who the hell you are."

Harry looks around for Louis desperately, having absolutely no idea how to get out of this. When he didn't catch sight of the blue eyed man he quickly blurts out the first thing that comes to his mind.

"I'm his lover."

The bouncer moves three inches to the side and gives Harry a small nod of approval.

"My lover, eh?" Louis says coming out of nowhere.

"I couldn't find you, so I just said what I thought would get me in. I'm all about results, I didn't mean," Harry stutters trying to explain himself and when he realizes he's rambling he presses his lips in a thin line, "I'm just going to stop talking now."

Louis smiles warmly at Harry, puts his hand firmly on the small of Harry's back and gently guides Harry into the booming heart of the club. They descend some stairs into a cavernous room, pulsing with music.

A raised catwalk, glowing under the bright neon lights, extends through the middle of the packed crowd

A raised catwalk, glowing under the bright neon lights, extends through the middle of the packed crowd. The show is underway. Harry pauses on the stairs to look down at the scene, taking it all in.

"Whoa..." He whispers.

Otherworldly models struts the runway in a rainbow of neon colour in unusual designs. But Harry loves it.

"The colours and designs are incredible..."

Harry gawks at all the famous faces he can see around the room.

"Woah, that's girl's, like, the queen of Instagram..."

"Wait... Are all these people, the models, the celebrities vampires?" Harry asks looking at Louis with wide eyes.

"Oh no, not at all. There are very few... out here," Louis say smirking.

"What do you mean 'out here'?" Harry asks.

"Just watch. Enjoy," Louis says.

Louis gives a gentle push forward, encouraging Harry to step closer to the runway. A hot, shirtless waiter approaches Harry, carrying a tray of champagne flutes.

"Champagne?" The man asks.

"Thank you," Harry thanks as he was handed a glass of champagne.

"Hang on... Didn't I just see you on the runway a few minutes ago?" The man questions.

"Me? No..."

"Oh! My bad. You just look like a model I guess. That's a great suit on you," The man compliments and Harry blushes.

"Thanks!"

The waiter moves away, and Harry sips his champagne watching the show's finale. After a few minutes, Harry strolls over to the bar for a refill, but as he does, he notices something on the floor. A ripped fragment of paper frayed at the edges.

"Huh..." Harry mutters.

Harry kneels down and picks it up, and it feels charged, almost electric.

"Whoa..."

As Harry looks at it, he feels lightheaded. The world sways. His knees quiver. Harry slumps back against the bar, and a white light envelopes Harry as he feels himself somehow leave his body.